• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Morning

Driving to Whitby for a long 10 mile walk along the coast followed by Fish and Chips

@all in cloggers - Good day drinking!

@Nick, alias - Good day shopping and Geordieing respectively

@Zeity - Happy lizarding
    Alias isn't a Geordie he's a smoggie....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Alias isn't a Geordie he's a smoggie....
      Technically, i'm not a smoggie either

But that's got nothing to do with my day...it will be a day of ferrying the kids around to various clubs
      Join IPSE

Comment

Not really to do with anything but mostly true...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Just to celebrate the weekend, the gigantic telly I was given some years ago decided to blow up 8 minutes into the prog I was watching.

Deep joy.

Off to find a new one in a charity shoppe.

Ho hum.
          One of the tasks I may get around to this weekend is taking my old 1980s-vintage Grundig CRT telly to the tip. It still worked the last time I used it, but it's been useless since the digital switchover. Mind, maybe somebody's fixed the house's communal aerial since then, in which case the digital box would work again.

I'll give it a try before finally carting it off. I made my three-yearly declaration of not having a telly to TV Licensing last week, so I suppose if it works I'll have to pay them after all
          Last edited by NickFitz; 21 March 2015, 11:27. Reason: Errant text

Comment

Lots of Richard III shenanigans going on in the city this weekend, and indeed next week. I saw many students heading into town from their accommodation blocks, attired as tourist guides.

Seems a little odd that people will get guidance and information about historic Leicester from people who probably only came here a year or two ago, and who will probably leave again in another year or two.

Still, I suppose the alternative would be letting the locals loose on the hapless visitors; and I think everybody realises that would not be a good idea

Comment

The king's cortège will pass the end of the road on which I live, about three-quarters of a mile away. I don't think I'll put myself to the trouble of ambling up for a gawp, though.

Comment

Right, breakfast has been eaten. Pairing those Gloucester Old Spot sausages with applewood smoked bacon makes for a good sandwich

Once I've finished my coffee, I think I'll get the washing on and work on my Google Maps toy from the other night

Comment

Slow cooked pork belly related nonsense posted this morning.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Slow cooked pork belly related nonsense posted this morning.
                    Just read it - I'll give that one a try!

Comment

Could never stand Pork belly.

The presentation looks excellent though!!

Comment

Working...
                      X