• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    In other news, someone contacted me via facebook about a gig
    Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Afternoon all.

The Program Manager came to me a while ago and asked me about my availability after my 2 month holiday, from June. They are apparently going to start a major program for 3 years on SAP HANA migration and are looking for "good" people.

Hmmmm ..... Should I or should I not? Guess a rate rise is on the cards. TBH I am totally and completely tired of the client as I hardly do 3-4 hours per day and most managers have their heads deeply buried in their respective anuses

It will be easy money, but need to decide if it will help my mental health

Informed him that I will get in touch with him towards the end of May and let him know my decision
      I thought your contract was up soon?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I'm a credit to Society - it educated me to a level where I can see how much it sucks
        WHS.

If I'd never gone to Uni I'd never have known what a waste of time it was.

It was bloody good fun though
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I'm a debit to Society - it educated me to a level where I can see how much it sucks
          FYFY

We shall not get onto how you are now a drain on the NHS too with your bum ticker!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            I thought your contract was up soon?
            Yes, handed in notice for 17th April. 20 April till 15 June = Holiday

I will start looking after mid-June. However, the PM approached me to check if I have already sorted myself another gig and if I hadn't, he wanted to know if I would like to come back and be part of the new upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              FTFY
              FTFY

Comment

Yes, handed in notice for 17th April. 20 April till 15 June = Holiday

I will start looking after mid-June. However, the PM approached me to check if I have already sorted myself another gig and if I hadn't, he wanted to know if I would like to come back and be part of the new upgrade.
                Not if you have to use the same agency...
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

FTFY
                  Nope

Fixed Your Faulty Yappering
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Not if you have to use the same agency...
                    This agency shall be binned after April

My understanding after a discussion with someone in procurement is that they will work with an agency that sounds like "gays" temporarily for a few months to source new contractors. The agency doesn't have a say on the day rate for a few of us (fixed rate), and they can feck around with new contractors

I don't have any return-clauses with the current agency since it was the client who hired my services and put me through the agency.

Comment

5 mins and I am off home for a Cycling session

Comment

Working...
                      X