• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the pure unobtainium* LM3622 LiIon battery charger chip is fecked & not in a good way.

Next it's the guy with the LM358 amplifiers that don't work.

*Not from RS, Farnell, or Rapid. And I'm not looking elsewhere.

Comment

Well that was a bit easier.

LM358 output clanging up against the positive rail, much as I expected.

Was I as singularly clueless back in my early days?

I suppose so.

The 40 years or more of faffing about with electronics seems to have taught I sommat.

Comment

Time to wander up to school and see what the teacher has to say about my little cherub.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Started at 7:30 today with the intention of getting done early. Still at it - haven't even had my shower yet.

Comment

Byeeeeee

Comment

Home!

Even better, no ClientCorp tomorrow. I'm going to an event organised by some business-related research thingy at the University, in collaboration with Google, on putting geodata to use in SMEs. Apart from there being some interesting presentations about things like satellite imagery and open geological data, I'm thinking there's also the possibility of making some local business contacts that could potentially lead to Plan B consultancy work in the future

And, best of all, I don't have to drive there unless I really want to or it's chucking down with rain or something, as it's in the city centre, about fifteen minutes walk from home

Comment

Well I've found the North Bar and am now savouring a Westmalle Dubbel.

I might have to consider the very small pork pie in front of me as 1st course however...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Home!

Even better, no ClientCorp tomorrow. I'm going to an event organised by some business-related research thingy at the University, in collaboration with Google, on putting geodata to use in SMEs. Apart from there being some interesting presentations about things like satellite imagery and open geological data, I'm thinking there's also the possibility of making some local business contacts that could potentially lead to Plan B consultancy work in the future

And, best of all, I don't have to drive there unless I really want to or it's chucking down with rain or something, as it's in the city centre, about fifteen minutes walk from home
                  Which uni Leicester or DMU?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Which uni Leicester or DMU?
                    Leicester. I've been here long enough that I'd automatically type "the poly" if it was DMU

Comment

Looking at the Health app on my new phone. The walking graph shows big spikes spanning each Saturday and Sunday, where I've walked to the pub and back

Comment

Working...
                      X