• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car's back, with a shiny new MOT

Hit the rugby traffic on the way back though

The key-with-new-battery still seems a bit dodgy, leading me to wonder if it's the switches wearing out. I've decided this is a good opportunity to get some of that Sugru stuff and experiment with making replacement buttons for the other one

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Car's back, with a shiny new MOT

Hit the rugby traffic on the way back though

The key-with-new-battery still seems a bit dodgy, leading me to wonder if it's the switches wearing out. I've decided this is a good opportunity to get some of that Sugru stuff and experiment with making replacement buttons for the other one
      I can imagine it was still pretty bad in the middle of Leicester: we were in there earlier on and trying get out about twenty minutes before kick-off it was jammed with Tigers fans one side of town and queues for the Highcross car park the other

Comment

Plus then the A46 to get home, which is never much fun.

Comment

And looking at the timestamp on NF's message, it seems he was trying to get out of town at the same time as me. What fun.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            I can imagine it was still pretty bad in the middle of Leicester: we were in there earlier on and trying get out about twenty minutes before kick-off it was jammed with Tigers fans one side of town and queues for the Highcross car park the other
            Ah yes, the joys of city shopping. When I left the garage I needed to pop out to Birstall, so tried to head for the A6 north. I ended up doubling back around the Holiday Inn (the garage is just round the corner from there) and getting out to the A50 via Glenfield, along the A46 bypass, then south into Birstall; and the same route back. About ten or fifteen miles further to drive, but still quicker than sitting in the traffic on the inner ring road for half a mile

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              And looking at the timestamp on NF's message, it seems he was trying to get out of town at the same time as me. What fun.
              My run-in with the rugby traffic was on a normally-empty side road about two streets away from home. Turns out that's the most direct route in for loads of Tigers fans coming from that side of the city and its environs.

Still, living within a mile of both the soccer and rugby grounds, I'm never too surprised to find myself suddenly stuck in traffic for ages when trying to get home on a Saturday afternoon

Comment

It may be drizzling where you lot are, it's hammering down here.

Ho hum.

It was ok until about 16:00, it's been increasingly miserable since.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

It may be drizzling where you lot are, it's hammering down here.

Ho hum.

It was ok until about 16:00, it's been increasingly miserable since.
                  It was fine here up to about half an hour ago. Been a very nice day since about mid-morning, actually. Just checked, and it's raining a bit now

Comment

Rain notwithstanding, methinks I shall make an excursion to the hostelry tonight

Comment

Having dinner with gf#1 and hyperD. 1st course was chicken nuggets, just waiting for my Big Mac.

Comment

Working...
                      X