• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a long frustrating day, I go to ASDA to buy a couple of bottles of cider and I get asked for ID

Nipped into Co-op and managed chilled cider. Picked up a curry from take-away as I couldn't be arsed to go into the kitchen

Feck me, I wonder if I look like a teenager these days

Shouldn't have worn that England Rugby hoodie

Comment

Mrs Eek stopped in the Tesco where they are staying near London and says she felt like a peasant.

I stopped in the Tesco Extra near clientco and thought who in the right mind would willing shop in this utter dump....

Granted neither of us have a partlcular like for Tesco's (give us Morrisons or Booths any day) but they really have to find the correct market segment and improve some of their stores....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What's cooking in Nick's casserole?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Mrs Eek stopped in the Tesco where they are staying near London and says she felt like a peasant.

I stopped in the Tesco Extra near clientco and thought who in the right mind would willing shop in this utter dump....

Granted neither of us have a partlcular like for Tesco's (give us Morrisons or Booths any day) but they really have to find the correct market segment and improve some of their stores....
          In Leeds?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Agency does one of those annoying 4-4-5 payment cycles. A 4 has just ended, the next one being a 5. As it happens, that coincides with my contract end date. So, barring extensions, I have five more weeks at ClientCorp, including this one

I suspect I may get extended, though, unless they manage to recruit some permie developers who like DevOps-ey stuff

I fancy London for a bit. Haven't worked there in a while
            Current agency has one of those annoying must have timesheet approved by close of play Monday for self billing to work things. I got mine signed on Friday the contractor who sits next to me didn't fill it in until Saturday and the approver is on holiday all this week....

Comment

Pie an peas. T'was a pork and black pudding pie too and extremely nice.

In other news I have bought some neoprene overshoes to assist my bike commute. That's one more bit of kit to lose or forget... The care label says not to dry clean or iron, strangely enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                In Leeds?
                No. Further north at the moment.

During the year I worked in Leeds I didn't find a single Tesco (although granted I wasn't looking). I know where 2 morrisons and 2 Sainsburys are though....

Comment

Current agency has one of those annoying must have timesheet approved by close of play Monday for self billing to work things. I got mine signed on Friday the contractor who sits next to me didn't fill it in until Saturday and the approver is on holiday all this week....
                  ClientCorp guys are at least aware of such things - at Christmas, the two approvers were both taking the last Friday off, so they got me to log the time early and approved it on the Thursday

Comment

During the year I worked in Leeds I didn't find a single Tesco (although granted I wasn't looking). I know where 2 morrisons and 2 Sainsburys are though....
                    There is a big tesco extra in the Royal borough of Chavcroft in Leeds. Always buy a knife in the store when you go in there because if you are already carrying one for self protection, it would have been nicked by the time you get to the tills. If you walk out of the store without one, you will be stabbed by the time you reach your car. Even if you survive the stab and get to your car, you will notice that your car's been jacked. You cannot call the police or taxi since your phone would have already been nicked.

HTH

Comment

Thankfully where I used to live in blighty the nearest supermarket was a Waitrose.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X