• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    @Pondy, you egging this weekend at all?
    No chance. It's absolutely p1ssing it down at the moment and likely to remain so for the foreseeable.

I've been and bought a load of bungy chords to stop the wind blowing the cover off.

Soon hopefully.

Comment

The Thai green chicken balls taste rather nice, even if I do say so myself.

Great thing about these is they keep quite nicely and can be re-heated in the oven.

Naturally I'm going to have to take some pics
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        ZeitMater has fallen over again.

Thankfully she's ok, so no a&e for me.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Home!

And, I do believe, home before sunset for the first time this year

Speaking of which, there was a huge thermonuclear reaction up in the sky for much of the way home, which was nice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Home!

And, I do believe, home before sunset for the first time this year

Speaking of which, there was a huge thermonuclear reaction up in the sky for much of the way home, which was nice
            It's been a pretty awesome day today, lots of sun and it was even vaguely warm in the garden.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              No chance. It's absolutely p1ssing it down at the moment and likely to remain so for the foreseeable.

I've been and bought a load of bungy chords to stop the wind blowing the cover off.

Soon hopefully.
              Girly wuss

I suppose I have the advantage of a small terrace and sun shade where mine is, I can just roll out the shade if it's raining.

Might fire it up Sunday, all depends on how my head is after being on a beer trip on Saturday with some mates.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                It's been a pretty awesome day today, lots of sun and it was even vaguely warm in the garden.
                It was very grey and rainy up in ClientCorpLand. I think it's catching up now, but it's getting dark anyway so that's OK

Comment

Pissing down here. Suppose to be going to parkrun party, but given the choice of cycling there and getting soaked, driving and staying sober, or enjoying a glass of wine in front of Eastenders, I might just go for the CBA option.

Comment

Google Maps told me the traffic on the road outside was bad, so I had a look out of the window, and it is

Turns out the rugby team are at home tonight. That means the pub'll be busy later.

Still tempted to go out though

I'll see how I feel after dinner. Thinking of going for a Chinese tonight

Comment

How long after a rugby game starts does it finish, if you allow for them having a rest in the middle and so on? The last time I went to the pub when a rugby match was on, I got there about five minutes after the first contingent from the match had made it there. Took ages to get served, and I didn't get a seat for nearly an hour

I'm assuming that if it starts at 19:45, they'll be chucking out about 21:30 or so. The ground's only five minutes from the pub, so I'd need to set off at about 21:15 to have a chance of beating them, but not being there so early that the bar's still really crowded when I'm ready for my second pint.

It's all very complicated

Comment

Working...
                      X