• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr N has gone out for a walk, normally it should take 10 mins there, 10 mins back.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes him.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Mr N has gone out for a walk, normally it should take 10 mins there, 10 mins back.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes him.
      (Carefull, Manly, Encouraging) to Mr N.

You should nip out after him, run ahead by another route and meet him at the turn to cheer him on
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

oooh, that sounds nice.

Did you make it yourself?

Am out to dinner tonight, have no idea where, hopefully somewhere good. Might take a break from blogging about me dinner this evening so I can actually enjoy it.
        Sadly not, it was a pub lunch option...
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
          Sadly not, it was a pub lunch option...
          Hopefully not cooked from frozen.

I worked in a pub kitchen many years ago and it put me off pub food for life.

Everything was straight out of the freezer and into the microwave or deep fryer.

Normally you can tell the establishments that do this as they normally have about 50 items on the menu.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hopefully not cooked from frozen.

I worked in a pub kitchen many years ago and it put me off pub food for life.

Everything was straight out of the freezer and into the microwave or deep fryer.

Normally you can tell the establishments that do this as they normally have about 50 items on the menu.
            No, this pub only makes from fresh, only about 5 or 6 items on the board and different every day...
            Join IPSE

Comment

test please delete

God I love audit trails!

Three weeks ago

Change Manager: Can we do X
              Me: Not until Y is delivered first
              CM: OK
              Skip forward a week, PO has been raised for Y, lead time is 6 weeks

Skip forward to today

CAB: X is approved
              PM: When can we have X
              ME: Erm, Y is still not done and we have no ETA on delivery
              Last edited by SimonMac; 12 February 2015, 15:44.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Been putting off doing a report that looked horrendous for the best part of a year. In the end it took me about 45 minutes.

Now what to do with the rest of the day...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Don't mind giving blood at all, but a few years (decades?) ago, they changed the finger prick test from a nurse manually poking a needle in, to a brutal staple gun like affair, which leaves the finger sore and bruised for days. My whole finger tip is slightly swollen today. Enough to discourage one from ever donating blood again.
                  Your whole finger???

Or the one next to it!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Been putting off doing a report that looked horrendous for the best part of a year. In the end it took me about 45 minutes.

Now what to do with the rest of the day...

I spent an utterly frustrating day mucking about with configuration problems. Then in the last fifteen minutes I took a look at a bit of programming that had four hours still scheduled for it, and sorted it out there and then in about five lines of Ruby

Comment

Chicken casserole out of the freezer for dinner - I think it was the remains of one from a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't be bothered making anything else

Comment

Working...
                      X