• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    But colour scheme and content aside - there's lots of skins - layout, ease of comment, menus etc work well. A lot of his is still boilerplate stuff, but afaik it's all 'out the box' functionality.
    There are some really nice wordpress themes that can be easily adapted - this is a good place to look

http://www.elegantthemes.com/

Comment

But colour scheme and content aside - there's lots of skins - layout, ease of comment, menus etc work well. A lot of his is still boilerplate stuff, but afaik it's all 'out the box' functionality.
      He appears to have a few plugins and a $43 theme from memory....

I've definitely spent more than that on Mrs Eek's chocolate site so far. When the new version is up and working (after the weekend) its got a couple of expensive ($100 or so) plugins on it. Would take a lot more than that to develop the items from scratch tho...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Pasta for dinner - but Im going training first and I'll have it when I get home.

Kids are adding stuff to a pre-made pizza base.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          He appears to have a few plugins and a $43 theme from memory....

I've definitely spent more than that on Mrs Eek's chocolate site so far. When the new version is up and working (after the weekend) its got a couple of expensive ($100 or so) plugins on it. Would take a lot more than that to develop the items from scratch tho...
          What sort of plugins cost that ? The ones I've seen are mostly free

Comment

How's his back doing? Any signs of improvement?
            Nope, not at all.

It's starting to get worrying as they've said 6-8 weeks after the op things should start improving.

It's now been five weeks and he's not feeling any better at all.

We've tried to petition the doctor about getting physio, but they're unwilling to let him do anything till the surgeon signs him off. There's been no after care at all at the back clinic, all he got was a call from the Nurse a week after the op.
            All he will get is a call from the surgeon at exactly 8 weeks to see if it worked. Have spoken to a friend who is a nurse here and they find it weird that there's no after care.

It's been pretty p!ss poor here, but his mum had the same op on the NHS and they were just as bad
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They have that with blogger as well.

I'm not very good with design stuff, so would like someone to have a go at tarting it up.

I just want to keep it simple, but not like all the other food blogs I've seen that seem to be all girlie pastels etc...
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have however seen an opportunity to start making dosh from plan b.

Workshops.

Some of the expat groups might be interested in cooking lessons and have hinted as much.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I have however seen an opportunity to start making dosh from plan b.

Workshops.

Some of the expat groups might be interested in cooking lessons and have hinted as much.
                  You could probably make a (very) few quid by linking to, for example, amazon cookbooks or kitchen stuff that you've mentioned.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/

Comment

You could probably make a (very) few quid by linking to, for example, amazon cookbooks or kitchen stuff that you've mentioned.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.co.uk/
                    The only thing I want to avoid is blatant advertising on the blog and pop ups.

It can put people off, if it's subtle then great.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Nope, not at all.

It's starting to get worrying as they've said 6-8 weeks after the op things should start improving.

It's now been five weeks and he's not feeling any better at all.

We've tried to petition the doctor about getting physio, but they're unwilling to let him do anything till the surgeon signs him off. There's been no after care at all at the back clinic, all he got was a call from the Nurse a week after the op.
                      All he will get is a call from the surgeon at exactly 8 weeks to see if it worked. Have spoken to a friend who is a nurse here and they find it weird that there's no after care.

It's been pretty p!ss poor here, but his mum had the same op on the NHS and they were just as bad
                      Not good - hope he gets some improvement soon. Give him my best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                      X