• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off today. Just about to head up to Reading to see friend's new(ish) baby. Train up, cycle back (if it's not raining...)

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Morning!

I've given up using a car around Leeds so now park up on the clients car park on Monday and use a bus to get around.

(posted from a stress-free double-decker )
      Is it the confusing road signs or the other road users causing the stress?

If you plan to park in Leeds, there are a shed load of NCP car parks evenly distributed. I used to struggle back in the day but once you get a hang of the Loop road, it is a walk in the park!

Comment

Morning all

The permie App developer decided to call in sick this morning as the development was getting too complex for him He was complaining all day Monday and Yesterday about how complicated the design was and that it needs to be "simplified".

Having said that, I just threatened the PM that I will bring my own contract developer if he cannot give me a replacement or bugger off myself!

*Calm down jacky, it ain't worth losing peace of mind for some mindless app ... and breathe

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Morning!

I've given up using a car around Leeds so now park up on the clients car park on Monday and use a bus to get around.

(posted from a stress-free double-decker )
          Depends where you are working and where you are staying, lots of places near to ClientCo which would mean parking is not an issue, but if you are staying anywhere near the center you probably do right!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Have had avatars turned off. Switched them on and noticed that one forum user has the same avatar as another forum user's facebook pic. How confusing.
            Yes that did make me chuckle when said person changed it on Facebook
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Still don't have access to webmail.

They're fecking about with stuff.

It'd be much too intelligent to leave the old stuff working while you work the bugs out of the new tulipe of course.

Retards.

Comment

Alarm bells ringing!. Guess I will "hand my notice in" after lunch, if the PM cannot manage to get his head out of his arse.

That way, I will atleast manage to get a free hot lunch with pudding

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Still don't have access to webmail.

They're fecking about with stuff.

It'd be much too intelligent to leave the old stuff working while you work the bugs out of the new tulipe of course.

Retards.

The BBC did the same to the historic radio feeds announcing that they had spoken to all the providers of digital streaming devices. Currently my squeezeboxes can't access the new radio feeds.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sodding stackoverflow.com is utterly useless sometimes. "How do I set up x on Windows?" "I use w, y, and z on FreeBSD instead because it's better."

Mind you, all such places are the same. Google led me to a Microsoft support forum yesterday, where somebody having trouble updating PowerShell's help files from inside a corporate network was told to open the firewall

I was surprised they managed to be so polite as they explained that Corporate IT was unlikely to agree to expose thousands of users worldwide to the open Internet just so one person could update a few files

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      That way, I will atleast manage to get a free hot lunch with pudding

Urban Dictionary: hot lunch

Comment

Working...
                      X