• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Gone back to rain out there, by the look of things. Can't have been too heavy, as there's still some snow on the roof of the lean-to extension of the stable out the back.

More as we get it

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Morning All

What is the panel's preferred method of cooking sausages? Being the weekend this is an important question.

Grill, quick fry, slow fry, oven, deep fry or just for Nor boil in the bag?
      For a long time I grilled, but now I usually fry at a rate between quick and slow. But as long as it's a good sausage, any method is good

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Morning All

What is the panel's preferred method of cooking sausages? Being the weekend this is an important question.

Grill, quick fry, slow fry, oven, deep fry or just for Nor boil in the bag?
        Fried, on a medium heat for at least 30 minutes turning regularly.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Suppose I'd better do the shopping, given that the plan is to go to the pub tonight and ensure I won't be in any state to do it tomorrow

Comment

interestingly...Google Earth Pro is now free
            Join IPSE

Comment

Just been investigating " Norr's boil in the bag method" sausages and remembered that when I made sausages at chef school we poached them first then pan fried to colour them.

Though @DaveB isn't 30 mins overdoing it a tad, they'll be dry as a nun's fanny cooking them that long.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Shopping done.

I realised that my general strategy in Sainsbury's is just to wander around putting stuff I notice and think I might need into my basket or trolley, until such time as I can't stand it anymore and leave. So it's not so much that I forget stuff - it's just that I didn't happen to go to wherever such stuff was in the store on that particular occasion

Comment

Googling whether one can freeze milk - I never use more than about a tenth of a pint a week, so I throw away most of what I buy.

Many of the top search results are about freezing breast milk

Though I suppose it's all breast milk, in a sense

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Nah, on Monday I get to do what I should have been doing today, but it's going to be fun rather than boring because of today's experiments
                    When I worked for Siliconix I used to leave sommat interesting for Monday otherwise the urge for became almost overwhelming.

Comment

Time for tea.

I can smell it burning.

Comment

Working...
                      X