• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    If I'd got to bed earlier last night, I'd have been able to get up earlier this morning, and got to ClientCorp earlier, and been able to leave in a few minutes.

But I didn't, so I've got over an hour to go.

The bitterness of regret…
    Do I sense an IR35 fail somewhere ?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If I'd got to bed earlier last night, I'd have been able to get up earlier this morning, and got to ClientCorp earlier, and been able to leave in a few minutes.

But I didn't, so I've got over an hour to go.

The bitterness of regret…
      I share your pain.

If only I hadn't taken this job in 2005...

Comment

I think it's 10 years next week.

People have served less for murder.

Comment

Nearly time for

Byeeeeee

so

Comment

Looks like we're back on for the TAVI and they'll try and do "something" (I presume stents) with the blocked arteries as well. But doesn't seem like they're in any rush.

Probably the best outcome, but mother in tears because she's once again realised there's something seriously wrong with her heart. Doc unwilling to suggest whether recent increase in befuddlement is related to the heart.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Whats stopping you then?
              Stupidly low interest rate( 0.75% over the base rate lifetime tracker) and paying tenants.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Judging from Gonzo's facebook statuses over the past few years, that's no guarantee that they'll leave you alone.
                NAT mentioned summat similar. Deep joy.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Looks like we're back on for the TAVI and they'll try and do "something" (I presume stents) with the blocked arteries as well. But doesn't seem like they're in any rush.

Probably the best outcome, but mother in tears because she's once again realised there's something seriously wrong with her heart. Doc unwilling to suggest whether recent increase in befuddlement is related to the heart.
                  My Dad (85) had stents done a couple of years ago and got through it alright.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Stupidly low interest rate( 0.75% over the base rate lifetime tracker) and paying tenants.
                    However, if you aren't ever planning to return here it may be worth selling now while base rates are low. Once rates start rising the housing market will only really head in one direction....

Also capital gains rules may be worth investigating...
                    Last edited by eek; 26 January 2015, 18:24.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've managed to navigate the train and tube this morning. Found the place for my course and then found my hotel.
                      I've even found a pub

I must be suited to London

Shame I've not been offered the wharf gig yet

Comment

Working...
                      X