• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Foul?
    Haven't added it as a default lingo yet.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      I've run out of wood. need to order some more. The wood that the previous owners had left behind didn't generate very much heat, burnt too quickly too.

What's the best for heat and longevity?
      handy chart if you get choice

http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/woodburning_chart.html

In my experience though, you just get hardwood! As long as it's kiln dried you'll be grand.

Comment

Given in and got myself an appointment at the doctor's on Tuesday, seeing as it's been over a week and my ribs haven't got better to any noticeable degree

In mid-2010 my GP surgery got in touch wanting to know if I still needed to be on the books, as I hadn't been there in over twenty-five years. How things change
        They were just checking to make sure you weren't dead.

Comment

First batch of laundry on. Living the dream
          Started my first batch last night at about 20:45.

After coming home following a joyous half an hour shopping at Tesco.

The 2nd load has just finished & the 3rd load is filling even as I type.

Oh the life of the single lizard is one of endless joy.

Comment

As has become my habit, I trolled off down to Swansea for the afternoon.

Might as well since the season ticket means the journey is effectively free.

Today's epic mode of transport was a Class 142 "Pacer", which is actually a Leyland bus on rails.

Since it has no bogies, going around corners doesn't half make the beggar squeal.
            It would appear that Leyland were as clueless at making trains as they were at making cars.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              They were just checking to make sure you weren't dead.
              So I assumed

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                As has become my habit, I trolled off down to Swansea for the afternoon.

Might as well since the season ticket means the journey is effectively free.

Today's epic mode of transport was a Class 142 "Pacer", which is actually a Leyland bus on rails.

Since it has no bogies, going around corners doesn't half make the beggar squeal.
                It would appear that Leyland were as clueless at making trains as they were at making cars.
                I remember travelling on those occasionally during my sojourn in Cheltenham. Pretty sure it was one of those that took me on the Newport to Cwmbran leg of my journey to see the company that ran a bunch of machines that scraped Prestel constantly to produce a database of late-availability holiday deals

Comment

Shopping and parcel collecting has been accomplished, and the dinner is on - roast beef tonight

I really don't feel quite normal. My cough hasn't got noticeably worse, but I feel rather light-headed and disconnected from things. I suspect I'm running a temperature, though I haven't got a thermometer so I can't be sure.

Appetite seems to be OK though

Hope it's just a cold, and not my ribs erupting into some foul, pustulent mass deep within where I can't see them

Comment

Really fancy going to the pub tonight though. Maybe the walk will do me good

Comment

Really fancy going to the pub tonight though. Maybe the beer will do me good
                      FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X