• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Southern comfort for me. Best cure for the lurgy.

Even the mere thought of that stuff makes me feel ill.

Had a bad encounter with that in my early youth and even when working behind a bar as a student, I'd have to ask someone else to serve it as the smell just made feel sick.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Well that was excellent fun. Dead easy to make once you know how and the guy teaching the course was very good at explaining the hows and whys and wherefores.

Kilo of plain pork and a kilo of garlic and smoked paprika made. They cooked up a batch made with the basic recipe while we practised some more and made our own. Best bloody sausages I've ever tasted. Just cooked up a batch at home and they are just as good. Apparently they get even better once they have been rested overnight.

On the plus side MrsB likes them so much she won't complain when I buy a mincer and stuffer
      Making them is so easy, if you need any advice on where to get skins etc... let me know.

I'm thinking of getting a new mincer as the one on the kitchen aid is pants. Being plastic you have to almost freeze the meat to grind it and I'd rather get a metal grade one.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So are the culinary types catching and skinning their own haggis this weekend?
        I discovered one, sorry I mean, I caught one at the bottom of my freezer ( inpulse buy at M&S a while back, I do like haggis).

Neep has been purchased, tatties at the ready and will probably make cullen skink as well.

I will have to drink all the whisky as Mr N has to avoid that with the current drugs he's in for pain.

What's everyone else doing.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Southern comfort for me. Best cure for the lurgy.
          Couple of glasses of NZ sauv blanc ( Te Koko) followed by some Redbreast 15.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So are the culinary types catching and skinning their own haggis this weekend?
            I would be but MrsB can't stand it so it would be a waste.

No reason not to hit the Whisky though
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              I would be but MrsB can't stand it so it would be a waste.

No reason not to hit the Whisky though
              You can get pretty small ones from M&S.

I think it might be an excuse for me to break out some unopened malts.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                I discovered one, sorry I mean, I caught one at the bottom of my freezer ( inpulse buy at M&S a while back, I do like haggis).

Neep has been purchased, tatties at the ready and will probably make cullen skink as well.

I will have to drink all the whisky as Mr N has to avoid that with the current drugs he's in for pain.

What's everyone else doing.
                Will head to Fleet butchers tomorrow. They do a very nice haggis that we've enjoyed for the last 3 years while I've been at clientCo, albeit it comes from Lancashire. Think I did a creamy, mustardy whisky sauce last year which was nice. Trial and error has established that it's best cooked in a baking tray of water in the oven - less likely to end up burst as boiled mince.

Big sis's last weekend in UK, so hopefully mother's leg (as well as the rest of her!) will be up for a trip over. ms#4 down for the weekend, but she's veggie so she can have the last 'quorn turkey style escalope' that's lurking in the freezer.

Might even dig out the bagpipes CD

Comment

Bedtime now.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Friday!

Comment

Working...
                      X