• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All,

First call of the day was as pointless as a... nope, I've got nothing as my brain is some sort of goo this morning. Let's just say it was pointless and leave it at that.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Nice delivery

I thought I'd cancelled this months box of wine however the knock at the door at 9am with the box means I didnt.

At least we have booze incase we get snowed in

Comment

Morning denizens

Brief panic on arriving this morning when I realised I didn't have my phone.

"Find my iPhone" on the iPad informs me that it's at home, presumably spending a restful day in my dressing gown. Wish I was

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Brief panic on arriving this morning when I realised I didn't have my phone.

"Find my iPhone" on the iPad informs me that it's at home, presumably spending a restful day in my dressing gown. Wish I was
            I can't leave the flat without my phone, wallet and watch. If any one of those things is missing I just don't feel right when I'm leaving. It's quite odd (or maybe I am).

Edit: And keys. But I wouldn't be able to lock the door so I tend to notice that anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I can't leave the flat without my phone, wallet and watch. If any one of those things is missing I just don't feel right when I'm leaving. It's quite odd (or maybe I am).

Edit: And keys. But I wouldn't be able to lock the door so I tend to notice that anyway.
              The past week, I've been leaving my phone all over the house and not knowing where I've left it.
              So when I get to go out the house there is mild panic and the house is searched. (Mainly by the kids)

Comment

I will occasionally walk up to school in the morning without my phone, but only because I know that I'm unlikely to miss anything at that time of day. I wouldn't walk up to school in the afternoon without it, though.

Wallet never goes anywhere these days (since I rarely do). I feel lost without my watch, though.

And I am paranoid about leaving the house without the keys. Even if I'm told by my wife that she has the keys, I have been known to sneak another set into my pocket just in case she hasn't got them. I will also ask about three times when we walk out the front door "have you got the keys?"

(I'm even worse when I'm going on holiday and I'm in charge of the tickets and passports )
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

It's very unusual for me to leave my phone, for the same reason. But this morning I'd overslept a bit, and was vaguely stressed in case the car needed de-icing, holding me up even more.

Turned out it was the warmest morning of the week, and no ice in sight

Still, I noticed straight away when I got out of the car - my jeans pocket just didn't feel right, despite also having my wallet and GTN spray in there.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    And I am paranoid about leaving the house without the keys.
                    My flat door has a mortise lock. I've made it a habit to only pull the door closed using that key in the lock. That way, I always know I've got my keys before the door shuts

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      My flat door has a mortise lock. I've made it a habit to only pull the door closed using that key in the lock. That way, I always know I've got my keys before the door shuts
                      Our back door needs to be locked with the key, so I don't worry about that one. Front door, though, locks as soon as it's shut.

So I take the keys out of the back door in the morning and put them in my pocket. We leave by the front door (checking I still have the keys), and as I shut it I check again just in case they have disappeared in the few seconds between me getting to the door and getting through the door. We come in through the back door, so I can leave the keys in the lock there to repeat the palaver the next day.

I considered getting some kind of e-lock thing, but really really couldn't justify the expense.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X