• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    In other news eldests car wont start so I've had to take her to college and Im now waiting for the RAC patrol to come and have a look
    Bummer

Mine had trouble unlocking this morning - I had to go and stand towards the back before it responded to the signal from the key. Probably need a new battery in the key. Don't have that problem with the Orion

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Grr, trying to point out to Mrs Eek that a business requires a vague plan is proving hard work.

Am I asking too much for a total of what has been spent and what has been earnt?
      Sounds like you've just committed yourself to providing training in Basic Accountancy and Excel

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Sounds like you've just committed yourself to providing training in Basic Accountancy and Excel
        If she would accept such a course or just willing pay Sage the £5 they want everything would be fine. But she hasn't grasped the concept that she needs to spend a small amount of money to make her life easier.

She happily got an over the top and expensive crap bank account because it allows cash to be paid in at the post office. Its just other stuff she is being a pointless tightwad over.
        Last edited by eek; 19 January 2015, 11:26.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tough decisions - I had a successful telephone interview on Friday. However it was for one of the big consultancy firms that pimps out to places in London.
          They like me, have now put me forward to the client and they want to interview me tomorrow.

The same gig is advertised at but via an agency instead of the consultancy outfit at nearly twice the rate, however the london based agents arent interested in me.

So do I sell myself out cheap in order to gain the experience that would enable me to move to the big smoke and earn better coin now or do I wait ?
          How good is your warchest?

Comment

The ibuprofen + codeine are finally working properly.

They don't actually conceal the various pains entirely, but they make them easier to bear
            Ask your GP to give you Indometacin. Works a treat for Gout.

And of course, bully your GP to give you allopurinol for a few months ...

Comment

Tough decisions - I had a successful telephone interview on Friday. However it was for one of the big consultancy firms that pimps out to places in London.
              They like me, have now put me forward to the client and they want to interview me tomorrow.

The same gig is advertised at but via an agency instead of the consultancy outfit at nearly twice the rate, however the london based agents arent interested in me.

So do I sell myself out cheap in order to gain the experience that would enable me to move to the big smoke and earn better coin now or do I wait ?
              Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                Ask your GP to give you Indometacin. Works a treat for Gout.

And of course, bully your GP to give you allopurinol for a few months ...
                I'm due to see the GP for the results of some blood tests for gout, so I'll ask him.

They can't start the allopurinol during an attack, as it can actually make it worse

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  How good is your warchest?
                  It's good enough to keep me going for a while

Comment

Sound like a 'Bird in the hand' situation to me

Comment

Bummer

Mine had trouble unlocking this morning - I had to go and stand towards the back before it responded to the signal from the key. Probably need a new battery in the key. Don't have that problem with the Orion
                      New battery needed. RAC offered a 5 yr replacement. However I think that the battery will out live the car.
                      Local garage is doing replacement for £50 with 3yr guarantee

Comment

Working...
                      X