• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why did your post have a title? What method of drivelling was employed?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Normally what any stew will look like when it's cooking, if the heat is lower it will look thicker
      Stew is different to a curry tho surely?
      Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        It's still reducing down. We're now five mins away.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eqqi0scoi7...%2059.jpg?dl=0
        needs a little coriander in it and maybe a little turmeric
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
          Stew is different to a curry tho surely?
          When reducing they're all the same, stew, curry tagine....
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

needs a little coriander in it and maybe a little turmeric
            Curry yes, Chilli no

And turmeric you would add at the start of cooking not at the end.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Curry yes, Chilli no

And turmeric you would add at the start of cooking not at the end.
              Did he say it was a chilli? my mistake...

(oh and you can still add turmeric during the reduction but yes, better at the beginning)
              Join IPSE

Comment

Wow. All I did was fry an onion, add boyo's spice mix, fry then add some chicken stock, s+p & a tin of chopped toms and then blitz before reducing a little. Added chicken and left it for ages. Fantastic! I have a booking on Friday and will be quizzing boyo for the spice blend.

Plus I have lunch tomorrow sorted and enough essence for 3 more times.

Comment

Did he say it was a chilli? my mistake...

(oh and you can still add turmeric during the reduction but yes, better at the beginning)
                  Only spice you can really get away with adding near the end is garam masala, add turmeric too late and you get a pretty bitter taste.

Speaking of turmeric, sods law I end up with an interview this week as I've got yellow fingers from grating fresh turmeric.

They were bright red earlier this week from dealing with beetroot.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Wow. All I did was fry an onion, add boyo's spice mix, fry then add some chicken stock, s+p & a tin of chopped toms and then blitz before reducing a little. Added chicken and left it for ages. Fantastic! I have a booking on Friday and will be quizzing boyo for the spice blend.

Plus I have lunch tomorrow sorted and enough essence for 3 more times.
                    Well I'll be having coq au vin no 2 tomorrow, this time with red wine, as I can nip out and get some pancetta.

Also making chicken liver parfait, which I haven't made since chef school.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Time for bed said Zebedee

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X