• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Feeling a bit tender this morning, might have overdone it on the beer, wine, sake and whisky last night.
    There is mixing drinks and then there is mixing drinks. Grapes, grain and rice are probably a combination too far..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      There is mixing drinks and then there is mixing drinks. Grapes, grain and rice are probably a combination too far..
      Mixing is never a problem, it was more the quantities
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning denizens

Frosty out, but sunny and dry.

Comment

people over the road need a new car. A different car skidded into their gatepost and their S-max now has a write-off shaped dent in the side panel.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I was taking stuff out my car's boot in Tesco carpark today, and I heard a bang. I looked round, couldn't see anything hitting anything, turned back, and found my car moving at a fair pace towards the one parked opposite. Ran and grabbed the boot, and with some effort, stopped it. Then the dilemma of what to do - couldn't let go or it would resume its trajectory, so couldn't go and put the brake on. Fortunately a passing yoof jumped in the driver's door and reapplied the handbrake.

Bit scary though - my handbrake's clonked itself off a few times with a bang - up till today it's just as I've put it on, so I know about it, but today it must have been a good 30secs - a minute after; long enough for me to get out and open the boot at any rate. Should probably get it seen to...

Comment

people over the road need a new car. A different car skidded into their gatepost and their S-max now has a write-off shaped dent in the side panel.
              Damn, that's bad luck!

Interestingly I managed to read "gatepost" as "zeitpost"

There's something wrong with me.

Comment

Day 4 of the dizeez here - though I was about over it last night but woke up with a stiff neck and coughing like buggery again.

I need to MTFU before tomorrow to actually get some work done.

Comment

And google suggests it's a common problem - recall on some vehicles, but didn't get one on mine. Might check.

Comment

No snow here atm - it's completely clear. There was some last night whilst I was in the pub in Derbyshire though.

Comment

Can you sell them Mrs eek's old one?

Comment

Working...
                      X