• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had a big dinner with 10 meat balls, polenta.

Time for some scotch. Bloody freezing here in Leeds

Comment

That's the shopping done.

With hindsight, I should have made two or even three trips in from the car, rather than carrying it all in one go. My knackered rib area is now complaining in very strong terms

The self checkout at Sainsbury's went up the creek, refusing to accept that a packet of digestives was in the bagging area, yet complaining that it had been removed when it was.

The attendant student tried about twenty times to get it to work, but whenever he entered the magic code it didn't respond to the Enter button, eventually timing out and going back to complaining at me.

I had to abandon it in the end and start again on the next till.

Naturally, the biscuits that caused the problem were the next-to-last thing, so I had to unpack everything else as well

So much for the Rise of the Machines

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        That's the shopping done.

With hindsight, I should have made two or even three trips in from the car, rather than carrying it all in one go. My knackered rib area is now complaining in very strong terms

The self checkout at Sainsbury's went up the creek, refusing to accept that a packet of digestives was in the bagging area, yet complaining that it had been removed when it was.

The attendant student tried about twenty times to get it to work, but whenever he entered the magic code it didn't respond to the Enter button, eventually timing out and going back to complaining at me.

I had to abandon it in the end and start again on the next till.

Naturally, the biscuits that caused the problem were the next-to-last thing, so I had to unpack everything else as well

So much for the Rise of the Machines
        On a more positive note, you are home and probably a few feet away from a bottle of wine!

Comment

I think I'll skip the pub tonight. It's cold, and I'm sore, and there is beer here, and anyway, I've not even had any dinner yet.

I see sausages in my immediate future

Comment

Watching into the woods.
            Awful lot of singing but it's ok so far

Comment

Dinner is done! Spag Bol or Fusibol to be more exact.

Since I chucked a slosh of red in the sauce it would seem rude to just leave the bottle.

Comment

Dog is paws up on her massive pillow, log burner is roaring away & Mrs P has an early running session tomorrow and so has retired for the evening meaning I have the sofa and remote to myself.

Oh yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Dog is paws up on her massive pillow, log burner is roaring away & Mrs P has an early running session tomorrow and so has retired for the evening meaning I have the sofa and remote to myself.

Oh yes!
                  It is better then getting "something", at times aint it?!

Comment

^Living the dream, man, living the dream:;smokin

In other news, there may be something to this Atkins diet thing, coz after all that stuff I had for tea, I've not been at all peckish.

Though I've had some port*, so the big toe may be playing up tomorrow.

*found an old bottle in the cupboard where ZeitMater had hidden it. I'm gradually drinking all this stuff. Thankfully I've not found any baileys.

Comment

Time for bed said Zeity.

Comment

Working...
                      X