• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It feels really cold in here, and my bruised ribs are very painful whenever I move, even just twisting slightly in my seat

According to the NHS website, I don't have broken ribs, or at least it's most unlikely, as it would be considerably more painful. Even if I did have, nothing can be done apart from painkillers.

So I have got myself a beer, and betaken myself to bed under the electric blanket, which a merciful providence caused me to deploy last night - I don't think I could actually manage it tonight. It's starting to get nice and toasty, and I can handle the sharp twinges that come from reaching for my glass, as they're in a good cause

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It feels really cold in here, and my bruised ribs are very painful whenever I move, even just twisting slightly in my seat

According to the NHS website, I don't have broken ribs, or at least it's most unlikely, as it would be considerably more painful. Even if I did have, nothing can be done apart from painkillers.

So I have got myself a beer, and betaken myself to bed under the electric blanket, which a merciful providence caused me to deploy last night - I don't think I could actually manage it tonight. It's starting to get nice and toasty, and I can handle the sharp twinges that come from reaching for my glass, as they're in a good cause
      Take some ibuprofen, they'll help with any inflammation you might have.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nick, ibuprofen, beers and a warm blanket!

Comment

Where's the corkscrew!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-9271010.html

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
            treating you like a permie....bad tulip man...
            Nah, the permies don't get paid at all for overtime

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Take some ibuprofen, they'll help with any inflammation you might have.
              Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Nick, ibuprofen, beers and a warm blanket!
              Beer: check. Warm blanket: check. Ibuprofen: I'll see how I get on without them first, but I've got some right here in case I have trouble getting to sleep.

The main thing I'm worried about now is whether it'll settle down enough for me to make it to the pub this weekend

Comment

Never mind the Independent quoting the Mail, with an obligatory "for balance" opinion at the end; have a proper paper on the subject: The Truth We Won’t Admit: Drinking Is Healthy
                Last edited by NickFitz; 15 January 2015, 22:05. Reason: Wot happened to the title?

Comment

Saw what seemed like quite a nasty crash on the A606 this morning, just after the Fosse Way junction. I think it had only just happened. A couple of miles further on a paramedic rapid response car went past heading there, and a few miles after that an ambulance was heading out to it.

There was one on the A46 (other side) last night or the night before. I think I might have seen one on Monday somewhere. I vaguely remember one or two late last week, too.

I didn't see a single accident for the first three days back, and was thinking how unusual it was. It's ridiculous that a thirty-mile journey on A roads, mainly dual carriageways, involves seeing so many RTCs that I'm surprised when there aren't any

Comment

And on that cheery note, I'm going to try to get some sleep

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X