• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Interesting: all those posts are FG embeds of images from a specific site, which gives a malware warning from Google's Safe Browsing Service when I try to visit it.

Has admin been running some automated tool to get rid of such things? It could make keeping track of where we are very awkward if so…
    He did at the time yes...but also, have you accounted for the thread merge?
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      but that could also be the moderated post deletions done by the mods at the time there was complaints over the images posted?
      The posts were from 2006, and were still there at the time TPD was locked. Also, I first crawled the site in early 2008, and they were there then. I also have them present in April 2010.

Comment

The posts were from 2006, and were still there at the time TPD was locked. Also, I first crawled the site in early 2008, and they were there then. I also have them present in April 2010.
        ahh ok
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
          He did at the time yes...but also, have you accounted for the thread merge?
          This is down in the low 3000s, way before that. These posts were definitely present in 2008, four days before the 100K post. Also, I checked the 100K post quite recently (because I have no life ) and it was about three down from where it should be, as it had been for yonks. So these particular posts went within the last few months, and most likely the other day.

I think

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Post #88230 (TPD 3105, comes after the missing thirteen, so would now be 3092), by wc2, has also gone. Just an image, like so many back there, but a dead link - no malware warning, a missing domain.

But a different user… the plot thickens

Currently fourteen off from reality.

Comment

How very odd. I can't imagine that many look all the way back in 2006.

And why delete them now after 7 or 8 years?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Still I'm not too fused
                  2A, 3A, 5A, 7A, 10A or 13A?

Comment

Oh FFS

Car still isn't ready

They fitted the new tank, but the fuel isn't flowing properly or something - he reckons they've trapped one of the hoses, or some such, when they put it back on. So now he's got to take it off again, and check the hoses haven't been damaged, and put it on again properly; and there isn't time today

I made the mistake of telling him I wouldn't be able to get it until teatime, so I reckon he left it until the afternoon, figuring there'd be plenty of time - which there would have been if not for the cockup.

I suspect he'll be doing it first thing in the morning, just to be certain. He will if he's got any sense, anyway. He's been giving the poor thing bed and board for getting on a fortnight now, and I assume he wants to see the back of it and get some money off me

Ho hum
                    Speaking with a little experience, it's a fecking horrid job, though he'll be doing it on a hoist, not crawling about with the damn thing up on ramps.

Changed the tank on the Fiat & the damn thing wouldn't go with 2 gallons in the tank.

Had to put another 2 gallons in to get the pump to prime.

Maybe it's that?

Comment

Twenty more missing posts, making 34 missing posts identified: between 3464 and 3465, posts #91726 - #91745 are missing. All FG, all at the same domain, which gives a malware warning.

So the missing wc2 post could be from some other shenanigans from another time, and the malware-link-removal idea seems increasingly relevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X