• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Sis is here for another 2 weeks, so she's chasing up today - would be nice if we at least knew what the plan was before she goes back.
    And the upshot is that she was supposed to see the consultant yesterday

Apparently they sent a letter. Pretty sure it never arrived.

Now seeing her in two weeks time, two days before sis flies home.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Also, V8.92 does dull things, like you can't have the programmer enabled & use the debugger at the same time.

To use the programmer, the debugger gets unloaded () and to use the debugger the programmer gets unloaded (double ).
      There's a tool used here that has modes like that

If you want to edit something, you have to switch to edit mode. If you then find you want to, say, copy something from another thing, you have to leave edit mode by saving the thing to preserve your changes to that point, being asked each time if you want to increase its version number, which you don't as it's probably broken at this point.

Then you go to the other thing, whose text isn't selectable when in viewing mode. So you have to enter edit mode, copy the text, then leave edit mode without saving, by hitting "Cancel".

This is, of course, an excellent opportunity to display a dialog asking if you're sure you want to cancel, with "OK" and "Cancel" buttons. Naturally, you have to hit "OK", as "Cancel" cancels the cancelling you were trying to do

Comment

Ok CUK-buddies. It's time to take a step back and to breathe deeply.

If it's any consolation it's now past 7pm in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and parts of Russia and Mongolia. So it's perfectly acceptable to pour yourself glass of some sugarcane based liquor, quietly mutter choc-dee (closest I could find to cheers in Thai) under your breath and down in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          I just went for a really satisfying dump, and am now feeling much more positive about everything

Comment

It's good to share.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I just went for a really satisfying dump, and am now feeling much more positive about everything
              Last time I had one of those was years ago and on client time which made it even more satisfying.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

If it's any consolation it's now past 7pm in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and parts of Russia and Mongolia. So it's perfectly acceptable to pour yourself glass of some sugarcane based liquor, quietly mutter choc-dee (closest I could find to cheers in Thai) under your breath and down in one.
                Have you started drinking already?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Is it worth going into General today?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Have you started drinking already?
                    Not yet! Unless you count fizzy water? If so, I'm a bottle and a half in already.

Comment

It's started snowing !

Comment

Working...
                      X