• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip into Hamsterjam today for pointless pimp visit. Have been registered with this agency for years, so this guy must be a newbie. If the words "two references" come up then I will be leaving their offices pronto.

Currently trying to work out where to go for eats, which is a pain as the offices are not that near any tram stops.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Someone at the home has finally got through to the ZeitParents that they're there for the duration.

I had ever such a wonderful visit yesterday evening as a result.

WTF are you supposed to say?

Manly

Not a lot you can say really. In some ways it's harder with them being there together as they remind each other that they are not at home. GMIL has long since forgotten where she is. She doesn't really understand that she is even in a care home. She was telling us at the weekend that she thinks she should move into one as she's fed up with being where she is.

In the early days we emphasised the safety aspect. GMIL had had a few falls, including some pretty bad ones, and had no-one close to look out for her when it happened. In the home there is always someone around and even though she has had the occasional tumble since, including one needing a hospital trip, she had the careers there immediately and didn't end up stuck in a hospital bed or in A&E cos there would be no-one to look after her when she was sent home.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Simon and Peter were the same person, so it's probably a permissible variation under the International Simon Says Association rules
        Simon says "I'll allow it"
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I've found out why is not like this gig, it's not the working away, it's not the people, it's the fact there are zero fires and I'm bored as hell

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Broached the 'home' idea with mother yesterday - it did not go down well...
            There's only so much you can do.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Sausage cob from the greasy spoon down the road for breakfast. As expected, the sausages would have benefited from some red sauce. Still, I always like to give a place's sausages the benefit of the doubt on the first try - sometimes they turn out to be good enough on their own.

Good-sized sausages, though, and three in the cob - very filling
              That's who I know I'm still classed at the Midlands here as I keep getting asked "do you mean a cob?"

Comment

You could try pitching it as a respite visit to start with. A couple of weeks to recover after being in hospital. Most places will do a short trial like that. Might give her the chance to get used to the idea. Of course it could also convince her she's never going near one again. Not easy.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

How about you go in the home for a break yourself

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    You could try pitching it as a respite visit to start with. A couple of weeks to recover after being in hospital. Most places will do a short trial like that. Might give her the chance to get used to the idea. Of course it could also convince her she's never going near one again. Not easy.
                    That's always a good way to start. It might work.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      How about you go in the home for a break yourself
                      Most certainly this. Any chance that now your wine swigging teetotaler sis is about you can grab a bit of a break?

How's her head today? Joking aside, you're probably well overdue a bit of MS time.

Comment

Working...
                      X