• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Lots of personal things that I can't really go into here

Last week was wonderful, fantastic, best week I can remember in absolutely ages. And then late last night everything turned to tulip. Oh, and it's all my fault, which means I stress about that. And the worst part is that there's nothing I can do to retrieve the situation, other than to wait, see what happens and then respond to that.

Which as a slightly autistic geek I find most distressing - my mind has been through almost every permutation that I can think of, and now it just wants to explode from too much information.

Can't sleep. Can't eat. Can't think. And I hate to wait. But wait I must.

Thank goodness my blood pressure check was last week rather than this.

Happy New Year everyone, by the way
    Sorry to hear this bud, I'm sure it will all sort itself out over time.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Sorry to hear this bud, I'm sure it will all sort itself out over time.
      Yep give it time. Which I know is annoying as you can't stand limbo..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Last week was wonderful, fantastic, best week I can remember in absolutely ages. And then late last night everything turned to tulip. Oh, and it's all my fault, which means I stress about that. And the worst part is that there's nothing I can do to retrieve the situation, other than to wait, see what happens and then respond to that.

Which as a slightly autistic geek I find most distressing - my mind has been through almost every permutation that I can think of, and now it just wants to explode from too much information.

Can't sleep. Can't eat. Can't think. And I hate to wait. But wait I must.

Thank goodness my blood pressure check was last week rather than this.

Happy New Year everyone, by the way
        Hope things work out for you.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Yep give it time. Which I know is annoying as you can't stand limbo..
          That's the crux of it - once I get a response to the problem, I can act on it and then either retrieve the situation or abandon it and move on. Either of those would be acceptable (although the first is obviously the preferred option). It's the waiting game that's killing me.

If I didn't work from home, I'd be off sick at the moment. But WFH means I can at least make some money during my misery
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Grey 'orrible and peeing it down here.
            Same here when I arrived. I can see a thin strip of the top of a window in a neighbouring meeting room and it looks a bit brighter out there now.

Comment

<- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Same here when I arrived. I can see a thin strip of the top of a window in a neighbouring meeting room and it looks a bit brighter out there now.
                Still waiting for bloke to come round and look at the leak

Other bloke came round again and then we discovered it was the fecking wood panelling on the house which oddly enough has come to the end of it's lifespan, other bloke can't do anything as it's not his bag.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

That's the crux of it - once I get a response to the problem, I can act on it and then either retrieve the situation or abandon it and move on. Either of those would be acceptable (although the first is obviously the preferred option). It's the waiting game that's killing me.

If I didn't work from home, I'd be off sick at the moment. But WFH means I can at least make some money during my misery

Have another
                  Looking back, things are rarely as bad as they seem. Hopefully whatever-it-is will resolve in a not too painful way.

Same feeling of helplessness with my mother at the moment - waiting for doctors to make decisions - I just want to know what is happening and when!

Still cavalry is on her way!
                  Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Have another
                    Looking back, things are rarely as bad as they seem. Hopefully whatever-it-is will resolve in a not too painful way.
                    Ta, again

Thankfully, MrsF is wonderful and being incredibly supportive and is doing her best to help me out . Only time will tell how everything pans out
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

grr. Mrs Eek's car is dying rapidly (as she has ignored my hints for the past 8 months that it needs to be replaced).

She found a car she wants but thats now been sold and everything else is £2k more...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X