• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs Eek has been told that she needs to replace her car.

I told her that last week but she didn't listen to me. Now having been told by her mechanic she can't decide what she wants... grrr....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      If it gets seriously snowy, I might spend a night or more at the Premier Inn a couple of hundred yards away from ClientCorp. Not that it's amazing or anything (I stayed there, as did the Craniums, when we had Nottingham drinks with Cojak the other year, and it's one of the less interesting PIs), but I just fancy the idea of walking through the snow to the Trip to Jerusalem for a pint in the evening - it's only down the road
      Nick - drop me a line one night and I can meet you in town for a beer (snowy or not!).

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I never really got the Trip tbh. For me it was always full of french schoolgirls sitting around drinking lemonade. Not proper boozers material that. Blue Monkey at the top of town is worth a visit, as is the Brewdog opposite old rev's and the cross keys on lacemarket was quite acceptable too. The best thing about that was I was still able to access my wifi from the flat over the road If you're overnighting in the summer then the Navigation is worth a walk down the canal in the direction of Trent Bridge.
        To be fair if you're up near Canning Circus for the Organ Grinder then there are a few nice pubs up that end of town: the Sir John has decent beer, as does the Hand and Heart.

The Castle Rock tap (the VAT and Fiddle) down near the station is worth a visit too.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          To be fair if you're up near Canning Circus for the Organ Grinder then there are a few nice pubs up that end of town: the Sir John has decent beer, as does the Hand and Heart.

The Castle Rock tap (the VAT and Fiddle) down near the station is worth a visit too.
          The Castle Rock place is where the Great Nottingham CUK Meetup (Cojak, Mr & Mrs Richard Cranium, and me) took place

I'm not around in the evening usually as I head home, but we ought to sort out another Nottingham meet while Cojak is still on the bench

EDIT: Crikey, it was almost five years ago!
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-feb-poll.html
          Last edited by NickFitz; 5 January 2015, 22:44.

Comment

Afternoon all

Quiet in here today. Are we all recovering from the shock of being back in the office? Norrahe and 5* excepted of course.
            I was busy going to the tip and playing mario carts.

Maybe tomorrow when the kids are back at school I'll post a bit more

Comment

Suppose I ought to get an early night, as I'm going to have my blood sampled first thing in the morning

Goodnight!

Comment

ms#5 back to skool today.

Comment

Morning denizens

Don't think much of this getting-up-early malarkey

I suppose I'll feel the benefit when I can slope off from ClientCorp a bit earlier and avoid some of the worst traffic; but still

Comment

At the doc's, waiting for the nurse to set up her stall

Comment

Ah yes, it's the Organ Grinder, not the Blue Monkey (that's the name of the brewery IIRC). I did venture into the Castle Rock once too. There was a place round the back of the lacemarket I can't recall the name of. It was on a path around the side of the church. Smallish place but the food and beer was good.

Not a bad selection of options really, Nottingham.

Incidently, one of the guys who was brewing with Blue Monkey migrated to Huddersfield and was involved in the set up of Hand Drawn Monkey, though I understand he's left again for more pastures new. Manchester I think, although that's from a half-remembered conversation with the landlord at the local.

Comment

Working...
                      X