• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from my sister's place to my parents' place, after a very nice dinner indeed

Comment

Proper stuffed now

My racing cracker penguin fell at the first crease in the racetrack. Boo.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Happy Christmas TPD!

Been round to my parents with Covbaby Mrs Covbob - lots of relatives to take Covbaby off our hands for a few hours at least.

Now at home listening to Mrs Covbob falling asleep on the sofa.
        Covbaby's first Christmas? Gets lots more fun in a year or two

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Back from my sister's place to my parents' place, after a very nice dinner indeed
          Did you do the hopping gravy?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Must say, my oven thermometer saved the day today. I put the oven onto GM 3 half an hour before hand, put the turkey in, came back to it 15 minutes later and it was only 125 degC I had to whack it up to Gm 5 to get it to 170degC.

I nearly poisoned us and added another hour to the cooking time.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Must say, my oven thermometer saved the day today. I put the oven onto GM 3 half an hour before hand, put the turkey in, came back to it 15 minutes later and it was only 125 degC I had to whack it up to Gm 5 to get it to 170degC.

Never rely on actual oven temps, been using another one for years.

So d spite what my oven tells me I have to consult the other before sticking anything in.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

At least you didn't have a veggie xmas which is what I had a couple of years back due to oven deciding otherwise.

Would have used a thermometer but it was a tiny cloggy oven and either the goose or the thermometer went in.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The ZeitOvenThermometer is a a type K thermocouple & a temperature measuring thingie that's good to about +/- 3 deg C or so.

The trip to brum was uneventful.

A465 Heads of the Valleys is best avoided however.

It's great until you get to Mid Glam, then it's average speed cameras all the way until you get to Torfaen.

In Torfaen & most of the way to Abergavenny, the dualling has totally fecked up what was a reasonable road back in the day, with partially constructed two level interchanges and random 50mph limits.

Came back via the M4 which also had 50mph limits at Bryn Glas for no discernible reason.

Can't understand how I managed to do so much driving back in the day, & immensely glad I don't have to use the A465 any more.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Did you do the hopping gravy?
                    No, I was excused from helping duties

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Covbaby's first Christmas? Gets lots more fun in a year or two

Yes, it is his first. Actually, we had great fun, and he was mostly happy or asleep. He's just at the stage where he's starting to recognise the faces of people he sees regularly and so the Covparents got big smiles from him.

This parenting lark is knackering and can really take it out of you but days like today really make it worthwhile

Comment

Working...
                      X