• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Afternoon denizens

Today's Christmas treat for me is… a severe attack of gout in the left foot

I'm barely managing to hobble around the flat, so the journey out to the car for the trip South should be fun. Good job I'm taking the automatic as I don't think I'd be very effective with a clutch pedal
    Ouch!

Drive safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Ouch!

Drive safe.
      That'll be a first

My mother started with the "Shouldn't you avoid alcohol if you have gout?" nonsense. I intend to prove this theory to be wrongheaded and nonsensical, as in my experience it's the most effective analgesic for the condition

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I'm barely managing to hobble around the flat, so the journey out to the car for the trip South should be fun. Good job I'm taking the automatic as I don't think I'd be very effective with a clutch pedal

Thanks for reminding me, must buy a bottle of port.

Comment

That'll be a first

My mother started with the "Shouldn't you avoid alcohol if you have gout?" nonsense. I intend to prove this theory to be wrongheaded and nonsensical, as in my experience it's the most effective analgesic for the condition
          My friend with the predictions told me that he'd been told by the powers that be that I should give up wine!

I think he might finally be losing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            My friend with the predictions told me that he'd been told by the powers that be that I should give up wine!

I think he might finally be losing it.
            Refer him to Jesus' first miracle

Comment

Well that's the 2nd lot of lamb stew consumed.

And very nice it was too.

There was rather more of it than I expected, but it didn't go to waste.

Once I've done the washing up, I'm off to fill the car up ready for tomorrow.

And to buy that bottle of port.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Now the pile of football boots (9 pairs) that was by the kitchen door is in the middle of the hall.

When Mr ms comes down, he'll probably trip over them.

Maybe that will prompt him to find them a more appropriate home.
                He's moved them (I don't know where to though...)

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sounds painful.

Comment

At the parents. I AM enjoying myself.

Comment

I am trying to think of an excuse to excuse myself. Mention of port has reminded me I don't have any. That could be my ticket out for a bit.....

Comment

Working...
                      X