• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Just got the links posted, for those who like that kind of thing

Comment

Aargh, why do companies insist on using a tulipty tool that no one else in the known universe uses when there are many better choices available? I wonder which idiot manager got taken out for dinner by the vendor

Comment

In other news, there's an extension on the table which I'll probably take, but it doesn't really count as a boom due to the fact that next year I'll be plotting my escape as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          In other news, there's an extension on the table which I'll probably take, but it doesn't really count as a boom due to the fact that next year I'll be plotting my escape as soon as possible.
          More of a rumble than a boom then?

Comment

Reminder to self: stop going on Amazon until you've read all the books and watched all the DVDs that are currently stacked up all over the flat

(Managed to keep it to two books and three DVDs this time, so not as bad as it can be.)

Comment

Afternoon all.

Spent most of the morning installing a dishwasher of the integrated variety 'cos the old ikea one has started playing silly buggers and everyone wants £135 to come and have a look at it. Anyway, it turns out that the previous occupiers made it fit by gluing the side cabinet panel to it. Feckers! My local chap who does just about anything I can't face myself did the needful including re-cutting all the skirting.

Originally posted by norrahe
              Decided to stop off at wagamamas, watched a documentary on noodles, so had a craving.
              I refuse to eat there now since they are quite proud of their "dishes come out at random times" policy which does my head in.

Comment

Went to Chester zoo today.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Went to Chester zoo today.

Went there on a school trip when I was seven or eight

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    I paid mine on Saturday

Books all done.

Front door repaired

All good so far
                    Will do mine next week, though I do need to pay the accountants.

Cheeky feckers are trying to invoice me up front for 3 months at a time, sent them a tulipty e-mail back telling them to keep to original invoicing agreement.

Will start looking elsewhere are these feckers are taking the !iss somewhat and have rapidly gone downhill. They've lost a lot of decent staff and also the one guy I trust may be leaving. I hope he sets up his own practice as he's bloddy good at what he does.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      More of a rumble than a boom then?
                      In here it would be a <Pfffffft>

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X