• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Brrrrrrr. Cold for cycling. Did my parkrun. Got to the end and fingers and face didn't work.
    I don't mind the cold on the bike, I don't really feel it once I'm kitted up. I am carrying a bit more "insulation " than you though
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      I don't mind the cold on the bike, I don't really feel it once I'm kitted up. I am carrying a bit more "insulation " than you though
      It's my feet that die on the bike. Have bought sealskin socks and neoprene overshoes, but they still die within fifteen minutes. Vaguely contemplating cycling to Windsor for Christmas party, but think it's going to take me too long to defrost at the other end.

Comment

It's my feet that die on the bike. Have bought sealskin socks and neoprene overshoes, but they still die within fifteen minutes. Vaguely contemplating cycling to Windsor for Christmas party, but think it's going to take me too long to defrost at the other end.
        You need to work harder on the bike then

I use DeFeet socks and a pair of overshoes and never have any issues with cold feet. Might be worth trying different socks if the Sealskinz aren't working for you.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I use DeFeet socks and a pair of overshoes and never have any issues with cold feet. Might be worth trying different socks if the Sealskinz aren't working for you.
          Just rang the hotel - I can lock my bike in their luggage room. Might go for it - haven't been on the bike for weeks.

Comment

Route plotted. Posh dress, posh shoes, posh bag, toiletries, makeup, jeans, top, jumper, trainers, nightie, undies, swimming cossie, spare tube, lock, phone charger and other overnight essentials squashed into panniers.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              hmm...I do need to work on my martini making skills...
              Get yourself a copy of either the larousse cocktail cook or the diffords guide, or use this website
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Frosty one out there!
                Afternoon all

Lovely day out today, not cold at all.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ok, I was going to do roast loin of pork on the egg today, but walking past the fish monger at the market I noticed he had scallops in the shell and a lobster tail.

The loin of pork can wait till Monday.....

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have the same issue as MS, and it hasn't been cold till recently. Working plenty hard enough going up and down pennine hills but the blood just doesn't circulate to my feet. It's extremely uncomfortable. Shoes aren't too tight, plenty of wiggle room so it can't be that. I'm toying with the idea of winter boots, but those socks look worthy of consideration too.

As an aside, i've been for a short run over holme moss this morning - first snow of the winter on my boots, the ice on the peat bogs not quite thick enough to hold my weight so plenty of opportunity to 'rinse out' my shoes - and the result was not a hint of coldness in the foot department. Mind you, it was too windy to hang about on the summit!

Comment

Having said that, they only ones available are extra large in black/pink

Comment

Working...
                      X