• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Hmmm better idea, Irish coffee anyone?
    Only if you don't like tea. Whiskey and tea actually work really well together, the tea is light enough to let the whiskey come through and enhance the flavours.

Whiskey in coffee is, imo, a waste unless you are only doing it for the alcohol. You're better off using a dark rum.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

One of this afternoon's esteemed customers hails from, wait for it, yes, Sierra leone.

:deadZeity:

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Only if you don't like tea. Whiskey and tea actually work really well together, the tea is light enough to let the whiskey come through and enhance the flavours.

Whiskey in coffee is, imo, a waste unless you are only doing it for the alcohol. You're better off using a dark rum.
        They probably do but I'm not ruining a perfectly good cuppa, it also depends on which whisky you use and then what tea blend and that involves having to buy more tea and pair it up with the 20 odd whiskies I have.

I haven't had a proper Irish coffee in years, methinks an excuse to visit M&S and buy some double cream ( they don't have it any other place).

Am sticking to honey, ginger and lemon instead ( the real stuff not some 'orrible tea concoction).

Rum goes better in hot chocolate.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          One of this afternoon's esteemed customers hails from, wait for it, yes, Sierra leone.

:deadZeity:
          Poor kid - bet (s)he's treated like a leper.

Comment

Just charged half a days consultancy for half an hours work - lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Just charged half a days consultancy for half an hours work - lovely!
              I never have the gall to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I never have the gall to do that.
                There are some politics at a play which meant I could get away with it - but basically they asked for a change to me made, I said "Fine, but I'll have to charge 1/2 a day" and they nodded and agreed.

In fairness to me, I did one last week for the same customer and it ended up being a real half day.

Plus, I'm still on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                  There are some politics at a play which meant I could get away with it - but basically they asked for a change to me made, I said "Fine, but I'll have to charge 1/2 a day" and they nodded and agreed.

In fairness to me, I did one last week for the same customer and it ended up being a real half day.

Plus, I'm still on the bench.
                  Fair enough - not knocking it!

Comment

No paperwork for my renewal yet. Have told agent I want 90 days over 6 months rather than 100, so I can take two weeks off over Christmas without having to make time up. Is also supposed to include an unspecified rate increase which agent referred to as ££, so am assuming it will stretch to two figures...
                    Seems I was being a tad optimistic. Still, better than nowt I guess.

Comment

Poor kid - bet (s)he's treated like a leper.
                      He is now, I didn't know before.

Got him a little bell.

Comment

Working...
                      X