• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Finding out some good stuff on facebook too, mostly about restaurants.
    Thing is with facebook, is to use the 'block' functionality. So when you see someone's crapville in your news feed, click the little thingy top right and say 'Hide all from crapville'. Once you've done the main culprits, it's a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Did they send you the liver?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Morning all.

Apparently one of the esteemed customers passed away on Friday night.

Hope it wasn't one of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Indeed.

And of course the question is, as usual, did s/he jump or was s/he pushed?

It's always a tad embarrassing when they top themselves.

Comment

Nice chunk of beef for lunch, with roasties, boiled, white cabbage and peas.

The swede would have been nice if I'd remembered to take it out of the microwave.

Ho hum.

Rice pud was a little overdone, but good.

Done some more gardening & cleaned out the ditchy thing that prevents the garage flooding.

Having cleaned* 2 houses as well, knackered now.

*that's "cleaned" as in running the vac over lots of carpets & dusting a bit.

The place is a tip.

Ho very hum.

Will have more recycling to go out on Thursday. .

If I can be arsed.

Comment

Indeed.

Not a nice thought

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Not a nice thought
                We had somebody do that in my first year. Jumped from a window on the seventh floor of one of the university buildings after she split up with her boyfriend. We arrived for lectures to find the area swarming with police, fire brigade and ambulances. The university went into overdrive with support for students, posters about depression all over the place, etc because apparently these things often catch on and you get a few others following.

Comment

Indeed.

Ouch, not good when it's someone pretty young.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Nice chunk of beef for lunch, with roasties, boiled, white cabbage and peas.

The swede would have been nice if I'd remembered to take it out of the microwave.

Ho hum.

Rice pud was a little overdone, but good.

Done some more gardening & cleaned out the ditchy thing that prevents the garage flooding.

Having cleaned* 2 houses as well, knackered now.

*that's "cleaned" as in running the vac over lots of carpets & dusting a bit.

The place is a tip.

Ho very hum.

Will have more recycling to go out on Thursday. .

If I can be arsed.
                    Venison haunch this evening which I'd forgotten about in the freezer, made it with carrot and parsnip mash and a nice gravy which I finished with chocolate and lavender jelly.

Rice pudding to come just yet, have no idea if it is cooked all right as I put the oven on at the wrong setting
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Me too. Think I might be just about done...

I've left in a known bug that causes just a very minor ill effect and is a PITA to fix, just to establish the quality of the testing you understand... My borders are now black though.
                      Client happy - just a field label change. (Bug not spotted. )

Off to Gatwick to install for client's client on Friday...

Comment

Working...
                      X