• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did I agree to come back !!!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Why did I agree to come back !!!
      I know there wasn't anything else out there. I know that something is better than nothing.

But.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Time to find a contract then (yes, I know sorry)....
        Easier said than and done and not for lack of trying.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Tonight's dinner has just been sorted and is in the oven. Bloody Mary braised beef.

Saw it on a cooking program last night and thought, right, I'm doing that asap.

Make a big jug of Bloody Mary but with pasata.

Pasata, Vodka, Tabasco, Worcester, S+P, add some grated horseradish and a dash of port (don't know how common the last two are). + 250 mi water

Brown the beef joint, add some roughly chopped onions, a couple of thyme twigs tied together then pour over the Blood Mary and whack in the oven at about 130/140 until whenever. Will have a looky after about 4 hrs.
          Hmmm Sounds interesting.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

You've just reminded me I need to pot up some fresh horseradish.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Byeeeeee

I've never been keen on presenteeism, so I'm buggering off.

Bored enough for one day.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Easier said than and done and not for lack of trying.
                Why do you think I added yes, I know, sorry to my comment....

Something will come along....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Why do you think I added yes, I know, sorry to my comment....

Something will come along....
                  Yeah, I know!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just off the phone to direct clientco
                    They are impressed but will wait until end of year to get me in
                    I'd rather get in sooner but at least it's still alive

Comment

Home again, after getting slightly lost in somewhere called West Bridgeford on the way home

I had another dreadful night's sleep last night, and it's really catching up with me now. Also, I've hardly eaten anything since Friday as this bug killed my appetite. (On the bright side, I've lost half-a-stone between Friday afternoon and this morning.)

I finally feel like having a decent meal again, so I'm off to the Chinese to make up for lost calories

And after that, I think I'll be getting a reasonably early night. Though I always say that, then end up noticing that it's midnight again

Comment

Working...
                      X