• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning all.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Marmalade is evil.

I do rice pud with nowt other than vanilla essence ( home made, when I found all you needed to do was stick some vanilla pods in some vodka and leave it a couple of months) and some grated nutmeg.
          Indeed.

The marmalade gets put in the ground rice pud, which makes the two of them almost edible.

The proper rice pud gets nothing as I like it the way it is.

Cooking the proper rice pud in a glass dish also helps coz I can judge how close it is to being done by the way its boiling or not boiling.

Currently verging on not quite done enough, which is better than being cooked to oblivion.

The ground rice also gets the nutmeg treatment.

I'm looking forward to finishing the marmalade & returning to red ratstrawberry jam.

It's actually quite lovely with home made gooseberry jam, but I suspect I've seen the last of that.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 3 November 2014, 08:19.

Comment

mrs 5* has gone to work, two kids have gone to school

I'm thinking about when to get showered and what jobs I could do today.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I think Suity is using Facebook to groom kids aged 7 to 12

What is this Facebook you talk about?
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bored.

Now.

There, that didn't take long, now did it?

Comment

Morning denizens

Looks like the hardware store over the road has died a death. It didn't open last week, and the shutters are still up today

It's been there forever, or at least as long as I remember. One of those little hardware shops absolutely crammed to bursting with stuff, including lengths of timber propped up towards the back.

Mind you, a friend who frequented it more often than I said it wasn't as good since the bloke who knew exactly where every last nut and washer was lurking retired a few years ago. Apparently, in recent times, you might go in and ask for some obscure, or oddly-sized, item and the new bloke would only be able to direct you to a few feet of shelving, where you had to finish the hunt yourself.

Still, a sad loss

Comment

Morning
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

What is this Facebook you talk about?
                      That and the fact he's linked to the suited one as well
                      Last edited by norrahe; 3 November 2014, 10:13.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X