• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ommm...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by test please delete View Post
      Greetings.

This is a short message to thank you all for continuing to post in me. Your valuable contributions are all very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

tpd
      Almost ya Birthday soon too, uncanny timing
      Join IPSE

Comment

Been past the petrol station in this article loads of times: BBC News - England's most unusual listed buildings

Never realised it was a listed building

Comment

Shockingly bad service at La Tasca tonight. Waited over an hour and a half for pre-ordered food (a set menu - everyone had the same), then half the dishes never turned up. The dessert (cheesecake) was still frozen when served. But being a friend's 40th, didn't want to make too much fuss and spoil her night.

Comment

Absolutely chucking it down here now. Well, not actually here - out there *gestures towards window*

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                ommm...
                Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by test please delete View Post
                  Greetings.

This is a short message to thank you all for continuing to post in me. Your valuable contributions are all very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

tpd
                  TPD, I... am... your... Father.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    Yep.
                    <mrs beaton mode>
                    First feed the cotton from your bobbin to the needle
                    </mrs beeton mode>
                    Then, position fabric suitably, and move it between the foot and the plate whilst depressing pedal accordingly.
                    Snap the thread from below the needle point once all sewing is complete/one wishes to start sewing from a different place on the same fabric.

As far as I have observed (and I have observed extensively), the 'winding thread onto bobbin and then threading the machine' part of the operation is where 80% of the skill is involved. The other 20% being in not sewing ones digits to a piece of fabric.

Is this a manual specimin, or an early electric model?
                    It's treadle machine with an electric bit added on that makes the treadle redundant.

The electric bit looks like it was designed by Edison.

Comment

Sun's out. I think I'll wash the bedding.

Comment

Working...
                      X