• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from the pub

Fair number of students dressed up as the undead et al. on the way home. Apparently the undead are a bit slutty (or in some cases extremely slutty) if female, and late Victorian/early Edwardian if male. (That's if the male actually bothers dressing up. Personally, I always run a mile at such a suggestion, except one year when I agreed to don a hastily-cobbled-together version of the robes and regalia of an Adeptus Minor in the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. As one does.)

I was also accompanied for much of the walk home by a police car. Well, I think it was just patrolling the various side roads, but due to the way those are all one-wayed and closed-off to prevent rat-running, it kept popping out just ahead of me, then turning off again. Still, nice to know they're there

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Finally cracked open a case of wine from Froggers.

Lekker!

Comment

Flippin' typical.

Lovely weather all week.

Saturday it's pissing down.

Comment

Morning all

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Flippin' typical.

Lovely weather all week.

Saturday it's pissing down.

Blue skies and brilliant sunshine here.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Last edited by zeitghost; 1 November 2014, 09:07. Reason: A : too far

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Was that something to do with Windows' ridiculous default setting of hiding file extensions? The very first thing I do on any Windows box I'm forced to work on is change Explorer's settings to show file extensions, and not hide system folders.
                Yup.

Exactly it.

Haven't seen it happen for yonks which is why it threw me a bit yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Shopping done. In one of those vague nods towards the concept of healthy eating that occasionally happens, I bought a brown loaf with which to make my bacon sarnies.

I imagine I'll be going back to white as soon as it's finished
                  I love thick sliced Hovis Wheatgerm. Or Wholewheat. Or whatever the feck it's called.

It's that thick sliced brown loaf thing with Hovis rit on the side of the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Morning all

Blue skies and brilliant sunshine here.
                    That was then, this is now.

All change in 10 minutes.

Ho hum.

Comment

Time to write cheques & go & pay some bills.

Ho hum.

I'm very old skool, me.

Just in case you hadn't noticed.

Comment

Working...
                      X