• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You guys flying from Gatwick?

Highly recommend the Jamies Italian, rather than the seafood and fizz place. Used to meet up with Netraider there, nosh wasn't bad and the wine selection neither, coffee is good as well.
    Yep, Gatwick. Last time I went to a Jamie's Italian, everything had chili in it.
    Can't check in - option greyed out. I think it has to be < 24 hours before the flight. But it says they have self service booths at the airport. I need to find a suitable "cabin bag" before tomorrow.

Comment

Morning denizens

Somebody's deleted a post somewhere since last night

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Taken from a grown up thread else where!

MS you do know that after your flu jab you will feel shocking for 2-3 days, hope you've not got much planned for this weekend....... ooooops!
        I've never had a reaction to my flu jab, or at least not one I've noticed enough to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Morning denizens

Somebody's deleted a post somewhere since last night
          Furthermore, somebody's deleted a post before that, a few thousand back

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            WBS. He seems to be flying from an airport that has one flight a day. He's also never heard of online checkin.
            He seems to be saying that, by arriving early to checkin in person, you can gain all kinds of benefits like seat upgrades. Can you do that if you checkin online? (I genuinely have no idea; I haven't taken a flight since last century.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              He seems to be saying that, by arriving early to checkin in person, you can gain all kinds of benefits like seat upgrades. Can you do that if you checkin online? (I genuinely have no idea; I haven't taken a flight since last century.)
              You can often choose your seat if you check in online.

But some of the cheapo carriers now charge you if you want to book a seat, hence the rush for the gate.
              I've never seen a 'please upgrade me for free' tickbox though.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

But some of the cheapo carriers now charge you if you want to book a seat, hence the rush for the gate.
                I've never had a free upgrade in person, though. I've bought an upgrade at a reduced rate before, though - US Airways used to do a $500 upgrade, which when it was nearly $2 to the £ was nice. I did it once and they inadvertently upgraded us from economy to first for $500
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I've never had a free upgrade in person, though. I've bought an upgrade at a reduced rate before, though - US Airways used to do a $500 upgrade, which when it was nearly $2 to the £ was nice. I did it once and they inadvertently upgraded us from economy to first for $500
                  Yes, I've done the cheapo paid for upgrade. But regular fliers do sometimes get freebies when the plane is full.

Comment

<MF mode>
                    Due to my "don't you know who I am" status with KLM I get to pick a seat in economy plus for free.
                    </MF mode>

But even with other non-cheapo airlines it's generally possible to get a better seat if you check in early enough online.

Comment

Yep, Gatwick. Last time I went to a Jamie's Italian, everything had chili in it.
                      Can't check in - option greyed out. I think it has to be < 24 hours before the flight. But it says they have self service booths at the airport. I need to find a suitable "cabin bag" before tomorrow.
                      Not the all day brekkie!

I need to find a cafe near the hotel, as we don't have breakfast included and I'm not paying €25 for breakfast. May just head to the market as they have a really good coffee place there.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X