• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Thanks, I'd have missed that otherwise.
    You're welcome. I would have sworn they were destroyed by the Grand Slam bombs towards the end of the war. Maybe that was St Nazaire.

It's that nice Mr Von Braun and his V2's next week.

Comment

Just been barred from a pub and assaulted (common) by the landlady after catching them short changing me.

it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the local headmaster who was with me as a witness.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Que? Accountants?

A bit of contrast from credits these days which can run for 10 minutes or more and get to the stage of mentioning the ant wrangler.
        One of my personal bugbears with those credits that take up most of the time until the heat death of the Universe is the credits for the accountants. I find that even more annoying than the crap about animals not being tortured etc.

I mean, we know that a major film studio isn't going to devote time to torturing animals, but because of idiots who don't understand the distinction between what they thought they saw in a film and what actually happened in the real world, the studios pay the US equivalent of the RSPCA to hang around eating free lunches and say "Nope, no animal torture". It's a total scam by the animal people, but it's only a couple of lines in the credits, so whatever.

But the accountants? They put the accountants in the credits? They should put the toilet cleaners in the credits before they include the accountants in there, because at least the people who cleaned the toilets - probably women, BTW - actually turned up every day and did real work. The accountants just glanced at a spreadsheet two or three times and said "Yeah, fine". Screw the accountants. WTF are they doing adding to those ten minutes of credits?

The accountants can **** off

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Just been barred from a pub and assaulted (common) by the landlady after catching them short changing me.

it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the local headmaster who was with me as a witness.

Have you brought it to the attention of the local constabulary? The licensing officer (or whatever they're called nowadays) can have a startling effect on these people if such matters are brought to their attention through the medium of a complaint…

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Have you brought it to the attention of the local constabulary? The licensing officer (or whatever they're called nowadays) can have a startling effect on these people if such matters are brought to their attention through the medium of a complaint…
              It was rather late last night when it happened and it's hardly urgent enough to need to be dealt with then.

I will however be reporting it as a non urgent crime this morning and following it up if I don't hear something quickly.

The annoying bit was it was 30p and I was trying to think of a solution to a £15k pupil premium issue for the school
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

Morning

Comment

Well I never knew Denmark was so close. Geocache nearest our hotel is only 625 miles away.

Comment

had an interesting chat with a client on Friday - need to follow up this morning. Possibility of 1 year, 11 months direct work

Comment

Working...
                      X