• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent ages tracking down a weird not-actually-crashing bug. Turns out it was the framework I'm using getting recursively confused and taking about five minutes, with its memory usage growing to about 150MB, to return an error message. It took a couple of hours for me to actually wait five minutes and see the message, rather than killing the process (because I assumed it was in an infinite loop) and trying to work out where the problem had been introduced with git bisect, which involved loads of rolling back database migrations and other such shenanigans

Once I saw the message, it was quite straightforward to fix

I'm now going to get a beer and watch Capricorn One

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I'm now going to get a beer and watch Capricorn One
      Credits at the end were 1 minute 56 seconds. And no mention of accountants.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Finally got some sun yesterday, drove to some vineyards, sampled and bought wines.

Off to Lyon today, looking forward to the nosh and checking out the market.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning Afternoon all.

My fecking back is really giving me gyp today.

Had to take another ibuprofen.

So there we have it, two houses roughly vacuumed, three dehumidifiers sucking water out of the air, the roast lamb roasted & eaten, along with the last 5 runner beans*.

The rice pud was slightly over cooked again, but very nice all the same.

*The last 5 runner beans come from the bean plant growing in the greenhouse. Since they were on the roof of the greenhouse I had to get a ladder to pick the damn things.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Credits at the end were 1 minute 56 seconds. And no mention of accountants.
                Que? Accountants?

A bit of contrast from credits these days which can run for 10 minutes or more and get to the stage of mentioning the ant wrangler.

Comment

To celebrate my recent achievement of 14 st. I'm currently eating a chocolate biscuit.

Earlier I had a wonderfully lardy sausage roll.

Comment

Greetings denizens

Comment

Ooh, that's a nice cup of tea

Comment

Working...
                      X