• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Greetings denizens

Need to get myself organised for a family birthday gathering tomorrow. Off to the wilds of Derbyshire.

Bonus: on the way back on Monday, I get to pop in to Chatsworth Farm Shop, which sells really excellent sausages
    Lucky devil! That's good grub, albeit at proper contractor "need a mortgage" prices!

We lived up that way for a bit. Our village had the Derbyshire CAMRA pub of the year - got a lot of our time and money! Worth it though to sit in a proper village local with more or less the same old boys most evenings and get to know most of the village.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Fair enough, hopefully get a grub club sorted when you are then
      Could you ping me next time there's Grub Club? It'd be nice to get out to one.

I keep seeing mention of the Hawksmoor on here. I've never been - is it worth a visit if I'm in Town?

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Watching the Japanese grand prix. It's a little bit wet there. Someone spun off during the safety lap. Doesn't sound very safe to me

Comment

Had a bit of a lie in and watched the F1. Youngest was recovering from going to the "big gig" yesterday

Comment

Bonjour et au revoir mes amis
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Had a bit of a lie in and watched the F1. Youngest was recovering from going to the "big gig" yesterday
                So was my youngest (elder twin didn't want to go). And I couldn't find the race on Italian tv

Now sat watching the world go by in a rome cafe.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There we are then, two houses vac-ed.

Lunch cooked & eaten.

Beef today since I had lamb last week & ate the last of it yesterday.

Small piece of beef so it should be gone sooner than that.

Rice pud a bit over done. Again. But it tasted ok.

Have to buy some shoes this afternoon coz my waterproof pair just fell apart.

M&S shoes don't seem to be what they were.

And £75 for a pair made in China?

I don't think so.

Comment

Well the shoe shopping didn't happen.

Too to bother.

I think I've finished for the day.

I think I need some dehumidifiers for this place.

3 or 4 in fact.

Just to stop the fish swimming up the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                      Morning denizens

It's all hurry up and wait here - at the labour suite with Mrs Covbob as CovBaby is in the long process of putting in an appearance.

Live TPD updates (courtesy of my client's wireless network) as it happens!

Comment

Working...
                      X