• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Just been indoctrinated with the new attendance monitoring system.

Yours or the esteemed customers?
    Join IPSE

Comment

The esteemed customers.

Especially esteemed customers the UKVI might have an interest in, though to avoid any suggestion of, er, "bias", the same rules apply to the whole lot.

Doesn't make much odds to me since I only take about 6 registers a year.

And by that time I'll have forgotten all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Anything planned or will you be dipping a cautious toe into the sea of daytime TV?
        The lie in was till 7am

Nowt much on cloggy daytime tv, only have beeb 1 and 2 and that's never much cop.

Had a wander round the market,stopped at my fave coffie shop for some brekkie, got me some double lamb chops for tea and also some nice bread from the French bakery as well. Also picked up a half bottle of fizz to celebrate the end of the gig.

Had a pimp hassling me about a gig at an ex client, said if they are interested in meeting me they have till Friday then I'm incommunicado for 2 weeks.

Might investigate pickling some onions and beetroot and make further inroads into my band of brothers box set.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hmmm, is it too early for a glass of vino?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Hmmm, is it too early for a glass of vino?
            Or I could do some weeding...

Or not......

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Think I might have some soup

Comment

I've had a nice bit of gammon quiche and some caramel shortbread. The canteen here does at least do decent food!

Is using the canteen with permies an IR35 pointer?

Comment

On norrahe's advice I have purchased a Furminator from Amazon.

I'm looking forward to it - CovPuss I loves the fuss of being groomed and will purr herself silly. If CovPuss II is in the mood to sit still long enough he'll enjoy it too (otherwise it's a bit pointless as he'll just run away in a mood!).

What now for the rest of the day?

Bored.

Now.

Comment

BTW I've been offered the chance to join the permie dark side.

It's very tempting - gig is only 10 mins walk from home and pretty enjoyable. I may well accept to have some stability and guaranteed local work whilst CovBaby (due date: today) is small. The University pension scheme is pretty good too. No harm in being a member of that!

Comment

Now I know why you buy pickled onions, the little silver skin ones are a bitch to peel I got about a third of the way through the ones I bought and having spent a bleedin' hour peeling the feckers, I gave up. The ones I did peel are now brining in the fridge.

Lunch was some rilletes of confit duck with port ( all home made), with bread from the french bakery in town.

Beets now roasting in the oven, pickling liquor has been made.

Am probably going to pickle some of the chillies in the garden, they're all pretty ripe now.
                      Last edited by norrahe; 1 October 2014, 13:23.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X