• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I've only managed to vacuum one house today.

After shopping this afternoon & cutting 6 lawns I was too knackered to bother further.

Did a bit of hacking of greenery to reduce the level of brambles about the place.

And it's back to my daily tedium tomorrow.

Deep joy.

Watched the final ep of WH13.

It's been quite hard work getting through that last series.

Thank feck there were only 6.

Comment

Chatting to the lady who owns the Chinese takeaway about my travels, and she was complaining about delays on the M25 the last time she went to visit her mother.

I vaguely assumed she'd been going to Heathrow for a flight to China, but it turns out her mother lives in Guildford

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Chatting to the lady who owns the Chinese takeaway about my travels, and she was complaining about delays on the M25 the last time she went to visit her mother.

I vaguely assumed she'd been going to Heathrow for a flight to China, but it turns out her mother lives in Guildford
        Lacist
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Finally made it home

It was a right hassle getting here, though
            <sniip>
            Morning denizens

NickFitz, I loved the story! Sounds like you were working against utter cretins. There's no accounting for that level of sheep-like behaviour.

Early start here, doing code upgrades out of hours.

Comment

Morning
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

So....

Supposed to have a meeting with a pimp this morning, pimp was a no show due to train problems ( I had arranged to meet them near clientco) and then asked if I could come into their offices later this morning.

Ah.
                No.
                Ted!
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Comment

Finally made it home

It was a right hassle getting here, though

After checking out of the hotel this morning I took the car to Stanmore tube station and parked in the big car park there. Upon returning from central London late this afternoon, I discovered that a load of idiots, probably people going to some event at Wembley according to one of the locals, had found no space and had just parked in one of the lanes between the ranks of parked cars. I assume one did it, and the other just copied them like the fecking idiots they obviously are.

This meant that I couldn't get my car out: with a car either side and a row of them behind, there just wasn't enough room to reverse out

Nor was I alone, as there were several other people in the same boat.

There was a bloke next to a couple about six cars up from me who managed to work something out that involved one of them backing out, in such a way that the other could get their car out at an angle, then the other one getting back in at an angle in front of them, so that the first one was able to get out, making room for the other to get out. Each of these stages involved repeated back-and-forth manoeuvring, with other victims and me stationed at various points around them indicating clearances. They were having to get within an inch or less of other cars to make it work. There's no way it could have been done without four of us standing around helping.

Then a chap tried to help me get out, with manoeuvres involving similarly close spacing; but in the end we had to admit defeat: it was literally impossible to get my car out.

I went back to a couple a few cars up who had already made several attempts to get out, as they decided to have a final attempt. It took five minutes, but in the end we got them out by a whisker.

As they drove away, yet another couple returned to their car, on the other side of the improperly-parked row from me. They couldn't get out either; the best we managed got them into a position needing maybe two more inches of space, but it couldn't be done. This had taken about five minutes to establish.

I stayed chatting to them for a bit, when finally the owner of one of the cars in the middle arrived, and departed with a flea in their ear. (The chap from the stuck couple kept saying "Count to ten, John" to himself under his breath as they ditzed about before sodding off.) With that car gone, it meant we had the extra couple of inches they needed to get their car out.

That done, he jumped out of his car, saying "Right then, now let's get you out!" as the departure of that misparked car had also opened up a bit of space close to me, on the other side.

After going back and forth about a dozen times, many of them literally moving forward or backwards by two inches, changing from full lock one way to full lock the other while stationary between each move, I was finally free!

I was now facing the wrong way, as that was the only way to do it, and had to drive all the way to the bottom of the car park and back up again towards the exit. As I came back to where we'd been, that couple were helping yet another family get out of their space with similarly constricted room to move.

So that was six vehicles liberated in total. It took us ninety minutes to achieve that
                    Did no-one call the police? Or use a jack to break windows and move them along?

Comment

Half asleep this morning

Just have to get through today and tomorrow.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X