• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I burnt my finger on the plastic container from the microwave, do you think I can sue as there is no H&S warning?
    Yep given the industrial nature of those lethal machines....

Although a better sign would be "Please ask an adult to help"...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I burnt my finger on the plastic container from the microwave, do you think I can sue as there is no H&S warning?
      Wait until RH finishes suing for putting the hamster in the microwave and claiming it was okay as there was no H&S warning.

Comment

I am now as hungry as eek is bored.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Afternoon denizens

Hammering and banging going on on the porch roof outside my bedroom window

I hope they remember it's a conservation area and they can't stick excrescences on the outside without planning permission, which they haven't got according to the council's database.

Also, does anybody know if your identity is made known to the breacher when you report a breach of planning regulations to the council?
          Dammit, that's pretty tulip. I'd be annoyed at being woken up by that.

Bunch of knobs putting up superfluous excrescences

Comment

In other news, Mrs Covbob is making a big batch of stoofvlees!

Thanks for the idea norrahe!

Comment

The Great Panjandrum has resent his email.

The only difference is that it's got his sig on the bottom now instead of someone else's.

Comment

In other news, the lab hasn't been updated with "new" (i.e. 2nd hand slightly less ancient boxes), so we can't use Multisim.

And in other other news, it looks like Multisim isn't installed in the other lab either.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Dammit, that's pretty tulip. I'd be annoyed at being woken up by that.

Bunch of knobs putting up superfluous excrescences
                  They've put a new roof on it, all felted and everything. However, this overlays the surrounding bit of the porch roof, which is about four inches tall and meant it would fill with water when it rained heavily, that then drained away gradually over the course of a day or so. It hasn't been a problem in the ten years I've been here, so I'm not sure why they've decided to "fix" it now

I rather liked the sound it made when the rain was lashing down. Now it'll probably make a drumming noise instead, as this new thing is hollow

Given that the place was built in the latter part of the 19th Century and has managed very well up to now with the previous arrangements, I can't say I'm impressed.

Comment

Watching The Wrath of Khan. No GALs in this one

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Watching The Wrath of Khan. No GALs in this one
                      Clearly an inferior product

Comment

Working...
                      X