• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sorted:

I'll email it to the VC.

Comment

Currently watching "Grand Designs" with some lunes building a house on the edge of a North Welsh cliff.

Which is receding as the sea washes it away.

Also drinking some pear cider.

<hic>

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Currently watching "Grand Designs" with some lunes building a house on the edge of a North Welsh cliff.

One has to admire their optimism.

Hang on, I mean "shake one's head at their imbecility". Damned autocorrect

Comment

I find myself strangely uninterested.

4 metres of cliff washed away last winter.

Comment

Someone I've never heard of is finding out "Who do you think you are?".

Basically descended from a talented banjo player.

We are, apparently, unable to call ****** minstrels ****** minstrels any more.

Comment

Also drinking some pear cider.

<hic>
              Just seen that too. About 30 miles from my Ex's family farm on Pen Llyn. Strangely enough, their 'spare' farmhouse was abandoned* about 10 years ago when the erosion got too much. Last time I was there, it had 5 times the land between the house and the sea as that place had.

* - when i say abandoned, i mean sold to some English person lulled into a false sense of security by the summer weather. They haven't been seen since they bought it. Indeed, one of the barns blew down last winter, probably in that storm on the telly just now. Saeson twmffat.

Comment

The banjo player appears to have torched his own pub.

Ooooops.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Just seen that too. About 30 miles from my Ex's family farm on Pen Llyn. Strangely enough, their 'spare' farmhouse was abandoned* about 10 years ago when the erosion got too much. Last time I was there, it had 5 times the land between the house and the sea as that place had.

* - when i say abandoned, i mean sold to some English person lulled into a false sense of security by the summer weather. They haven't been seen since they bought it. Indeed, one of the barns blew down last winter, probably in that storm on the telly just now. Saeson twmffat.
                  But, but, but it's sooooo lovely in the summer.

In other news, the arsonist banjo player got off.

Comment

Until he fell off his perch at 50 odd.

Much weeping & gnashing of teeth over someone who's been dead for over a century.

Comment

But, but, but it's sooooo lovely in the summer.
                      You would have thought the orchard growing at 45 degrees would have been a hint.

Remarkably, the chicken hut (which started life as a WW2 observation post to spot Luftwaffe chaps heading for Liverpool), is utterly unscathed on the cliftop. Even the chicken tulip hasn't blown out

Comment

Working...
                      X