• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooo.

I appear to have got a

Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

All right now. Free.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        They're cycling to Gilbert White's House. No idea who Gilbert White is/was, but apparently he does a nice cup of tea and cake.
        He was a country parson who was also a natural historian, and had a gift for writing exquisite prose about beetles and wildflowers and such in his diary. It's the kind of thing that has extracts serialised on Radio 4 every twenty years or so, read by whichever male actor has the most mellifluous and quintessentially English Pastoral voice of the current age

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          And now we're onto Zeppelin "Whole lotta love". g

It's nice that there's a musick channel for old farts like me.

Though it only plays this sort of stuff on Saturday night when the kiddies are out getting rat arsed.
          century

Comment

Awake at 6:30 today. Sorted out baby bp. Filled car up with oil and windscreen wash. Now eating porridge.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all.

Dry at the moment, though there was a deluge during the night which woke me up.

Saves me the effort of watering the newly seeded bit of lawn.

Today's tedium is the usual vacuuming frenzy followed by the mint decimation.

Lunch is the next third of the leg of lamb I bought a fortnight ago.

It's been defrosting overnight in the fridge.

And I have some freshly picked broadbeans from the garden to go with it.

There may be a few runner beans too.

I gave my mate yesterday's harvest* of runner beans.

I is soooooo generous.

*first of the year.

Comment

Well there we are; home grown runner beans (how come they've already got string? ), home grown broad beans (didn't taste of much, I think they were too young), and some random red potatoes I dug up whilst preparing the ground for the lawn.

Skin on the spuds was a bit chewy but they were ok really.

The roasties were Tesco whites, whatever the feck they are.

Chucked a sausage in with the lamb whilst it was roasting for some unknown reason, & it turned out rather nicely.

Rice pud was done to a turn again. Used a glass dish rather than the enamel one which seems to have helped.

Pigged out now. <belch>
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 3 August 2014, 15:11. Reason: the string bit seemed to have disappeared.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    He was a country parson who was also a natural historian, and had a gift for writing exquisite prose about beetles and wildflowers and such in his diary. It's the kind of thing that has extracts serialised on Radio 4 every twenty years or so, read by whichever male actor has the most mellifluous and quintessentially English Pastoral voice of the current age
                    Turns out he does a nice bit of Lemon Drizzle too.

Comment

Just been vastly amused by some play or other on R4 just now.

The equivalent of Nursey was relating how the coachman proposed marriage to her by whipping out his member & showing how long & hard it was, even at his age.

BBC Radio 4 - Classic Serial, Eugenie Grandet, Episode 2

It's from 50:45 to 51:30 ish.

I hadn't realised that whipping out one's willy like that could be considered courting.

I must have had a sheltered upbringing.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 3 August 2014, 16:48.

Comment

Working...
                      X