• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watching a girlie from Skewen on Vintage TV.

Bonnie Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Hopefully not the 2nd.

Maybe
      I don't trust the almond ones. Mrs BP may have laced them with arsenic....

I got classic ones.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Just watching a girlie from Skewen on Vintage TV.

Bonnie Tyler.
        Is she singing that song "Its a hard egg. Nothing but a hard egg"?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Mrs BP's mother is going along - mostly to get away from her husband.
          His idea of an exciting day is to watch 2 shows on TV. He rarely leaves the flat - gets up, watches TV, and gets waited on hand and foot.

Comment

Mable, out smallest cat, is now sleeping on the sky TV box.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Aren't you supposed to do the female thing and read the manual or look it up?

Surely you aren't going to admit that a man has a use (apart from taking the blame)?

Personally I always hit it with a hammer. Unless its a puncture when I get Dallas to fix it.
              I never get near the telly normally. There's seven remote controls - and feck knows what's wired to what.

Took me 10 minutes to work out where to shove the DVD. Telly automatically switched to DVD mode, but hasn't switched back. Gone through each of the AV and HDMI options, but can't find the virgin box on any of them.

Not that bothered. It's normally on (showing whatever sport is flavour of the day) from dawn till dusk, so nice to have a break from the damned thing. I don't normally switch it on when he's away. No doubt my daughter will work it out when she wants to watch Friends on comedy central again.

Still, film was good. Think it would probably have been better without the incessant singing though.

Comment

Anyway, tis that hour.

Good intentions of going out with CTC tomorrow. They're cycling to Gilbert White's House. No idea who Gilbert White is/was, but apparently he does a nice cup of tea and cake.

Comment

Night all

Enjoy your century.

Comment

Ah.

We've gone from "Power Ballads" to "Metal Riffs" on Vintage now.

Deep Purple, Smoke on the Water.

This, oddly enough, featured on last week's Desert Island Disks, along with, IIRC, Layla.

Which made a pleasant change.

Apparently there's an oevre termed "Wagnerian Rock".

I never knew that.

Comment

And now we're onto Zeppelin "Whole lotta love". g

It's nice that there's a musick channel for old farts like me.

Though it only plays this sort of stuff on Saturday night when the kiddies are out getting rat arsed.

Comment

Working...
                      X