• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    My mother always burnt them, then put the burnt side downwards hoping we wouldn't notice.

My mother burnt everything - even boiled potatoes and carrots. She had these 'waterless cooking' pans, which you just put a tiny amount of water in, and they'd steam stuff. But you had to make sure they didn't boil dry, which they always did.
    I liked them when I was younger too, but forgot my lunch and impulse bought at the canteen

My mother was also of the cremate everything school of cooking, so my earlier culinary exposure was of dry meat and over cooked veg, she was great at baking, but I didn't have a sweet tooth.

As a consequence I only really learned to cook at uni.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Looks like it's leftovers from last nights BBQ for lunch.

Bring it on.

It's too hot for working IMHO.
      What was on the egg last night?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My mum had the other sort of pans. The ones that turn veggies into a sort of mush of varying colours.

No Mum, mashed sprouts is not a thing. You made it up.
        I used to dread my mother's pot roast brisket, as it was dry pot roasted ( she hadn't quite grasped the concept of sticking some water or stock in) and her roast spuds were never par boiled beforehand but roasted from raw

And don't get me started on Irish Stew

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          What was on the egg last night?
          Sweet n sticky ribs, chicken wings and a mix of small sweet peppers and Jalapenos which were stuffed with cream cheese, pulled pork and then wrapped in bacon.

As usual it was too much food, so I get the leftovers. That's the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Tell him to get his arse back on here so the rest of us can take the piss as well.
            I have passed your message on.

Comment

Sweet n sticky ribs, chicken wings and a mix of small sweet peppers and Jalapenos which were stuffed with cream cheese, pulled pork and then wrapped in bacon.

As usual it was too much food, so I get the leftovers. That's the rule.
              Am torn between going shopping this evening ( not something I like doing, but I am in serious need of clothes, that's not an excuse, it has got to the point where if summats in the wash or dry cleaners I don't leave the house) or just going to the butchers and getting some ribs or a chicken.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Am torn between going shopping this evening ( not something I like doing, but I am in serious need of clothes, that's not an excuse, it has got to the point where if summats in the wash or dry cleaners I don't leave the house) or just going to the butchers and getting some ribs or a chicken.
                Get a chicken and do the clothes shopping at the weekend.

Or, go clothes shopping and send Mr N to the butchers with a written note of the words to say so that he doesn't get it wrong.

Comment

Get a chicken and do the clothes shopping at the weekend.

Or, go clothes shopping and send Mr N to the butchers with a written note of the words to say so that he doesn't get it wrong.
                  Going this evening as I can avoid the hordes at the weekend, I hate crowds.

Butcher will be shut by the time he gets home anyway

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've had enough of you lot for one day!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've had enough of you lot for one day!

You say the kindest things...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X