• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am mulling over dinner options atm.

Not sure whether to have steak, pork, rabbit or chicken or a cheesy pasta bake
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Am mulling over dinner options atm.

Not sure whether to have steak, pork, rabbit or chicken or a cheesy pasta bake
      Mac N Cheese Mixed Grill.

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        It wouldn't help if the testing's set up like it is here.

We have people who write automated test cases but refuse to test manually, so don't understand why their automated cases keep failing.

We have people who write manual test cases, but don't ever actually execute tests so their test cases are damn near impossible to execute given constraints of limited time and a limited number of hands and eyes.

Then we have people like me (actually just one of me and a dev) who actually test and basically ignore all the tulip produced by the two test teams I have just described.

Apparently it all complies with CMMi; oh well that's alright then.
        Some PMs and deployment people here have heard the term "unit testing" and developed an obsession with it without understanding anything about it. Now nothing gets tested anymore, now it gets unit tested, even though there's not a unit in sight

Comment

I got away with it and said there was a lack of process, however I made a diving save and fixed the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            Some PMs and deployment people here have heard the term "unit testing" and developed an obsession with it without understanding anything about it. Now nothing gets tested anymore, now it gets unit tested, even though there's not a unit in sight
            Ah yes, and then combine it with the latest silver bullet from the 'continuous integration' gurus.

For the last 20 years I've heard people saying that testers will be unnecessary due to perfect unit testing and automation; there's probably more demand for testers than ever in this country.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Nothing is sticking to my shoulders. Proper slopey shoulders

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Mac N Cheese Mixed Grill.

Sorted.
                Might be a tad overkill, given that a lot of things are vac packed together
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  I got away with it and said there was a lack of process, however I made a diving save and fixed the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Ah yes, and then combine it with the latest silver bullet from the 'continuous integration' gurus.

For the last 20 years I've heard people saying that testers will be unnecessary due to perfect unit testing and automation; there's probably more demand for testers than ever in this country.
                    Unit testing and CI are good things but I see them as part of development, not testing. Here, they're talking about sending something over to testing to be unit tested. I've given up saying "Um, that's not unit testing, it's just testing"

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      Unit testing and CI are good things but I see them as part of development, not testing. Here, they're talking about sending something over to testing to be unit tested. I've given up saying "Um, that's not unit testing, it's just testing"
                      Wait until Regression Testing comes into the mix
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X