• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    6 missed calls, 4 text messages and two voicemails from the project managers this morning asking me in fact not to so something I wasn't told to do in the first place!!!
    Why do you think I always used the word panic not project when talking about them...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Bacon butty for lunch. Very nice too

Comment

Portions of last week's beef, mash, carrots, onions, peas and cabbage for lunch.

And very nice it was too, in the absence of liver & fava beans.

Not so impressed with the ground rice pudding (which I don't like much anyway but it uses some of the gallons of milk) which I managed to make lumpy.

It's bad enough when it's not lumpy.

Getting the quantities right for one is rather more tricky than I'd anticipated.

Oddly enough, I'll be having this for tea tomorrow, to use up more of the beef.

Except the ground rice will be substituted with custard.

I like custard.

Comment

Well the cupboard cleaning frenzy has reduced the pong of mould a bit.

The earliest use by date so far was on some peppercorns BBE 05/2006.

I wonder if jelly goes off. I'm frightened to look.

Comment

I had dinner at 5pm yestrerday.

From then until now I had half a pack of dextrose tablets - the others went to MS and Vetran.

Just about to tuck into my 2nd plate of pasta.

Comment

Just had chicken chow mein and chips. Nom.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I had dinner at 5pm yestrerday.

From then until now I had half a pack of dextrose tablets - the others went to MS and Vetran.

Just about to tuck into my 2nd plate of pasta.
                I am now very very tired. No treats in the house - I wish MS's pannier was here so I could get a selection of desserts, sweets and chocolate.

Shop too far to walk - its about 400 metres - so nearly time for bed for me.

I shall be singing "the wheels on the bike go round and round".

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  The earliest use by date so far was on some peppercorns BBE 05/2006.
                  Not bad. I chucked some stuff out last year that was BBE some time in 2003. That means it was out of date before I moved here, and I still brought it along

Comment

I've still got half the spices that came with our spice rack.

The rack was a wedding present. We got married in 1990.

Comment

Mrs Eek still has a bean feast she was given on the first day of freshers week. I think the best before date is sometime in 1991...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X