• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But then again...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      But then again...
      Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Anyone want jampots?

I'm very unlikely to make jam any time soon.
        I made some strawberry and vanilla jam and some lemon curd.

Now all I need to do is make some scones!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I think the most notable quote of the morning came from Russell Davies of the Government Digital Service: "Government likes to think it's big, but in digital terms it's only about as big as a moderately popular dating site."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I think the most notable quote of the morning came from Russell Davies of the Government Digital Service: "Government likes to think it's big, but in digital terms it's only about as big as a moderately popular dating site."
            To be frank its not often that most of the time. The amount of OTT hardware I saw for small government sites was hilarious. I once saw a bill of £5k a month hosting for stuff you could do more robustly on AWS for $100....

and which had less than 1000 hits (in the correct term of all requests to the server) a day in total....
            Last edited by eek; 13 June 2014, 13:55.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              What would you know about dating sites?

I thought you never got beyond extramaritalapes.com .....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                To be frank its not often that most of the time. The amount of OTT hardware I saw for small government sites was hilarious. I once saw a bill of £5k a month hosting for stuff you could do more robustly on AWS for $100....

and which had less than 1000 hits (in the correct term of all requests to the server) a day in total....
                That was one of the things they set out to address with www.gov.uk: they were able to say "Nobody has ever looked at this page, therefore it can be removed" and clear up loads of cruft.

Apparently they only receive about ten applications per year for a license for a burial at sea, so that's staying paper-based for now

Comment

Sat on a call with the end Client waiting for them to say "Yes we are happy" then we can drinking!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Sat on a call with the end Client waiting for them to say "Yes we are happy" then we can drinking!

Are you sure you haven't started already?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X