• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Back from an 11 mile walk around Derwentwater.

During the rain my North Face coat eventually leaked water through a sleeve so I replaced in when we returned to Keswick.. (The North Face one cost £200 £4.24 from Boo.com 15 years ago so hardly owes me anything)...

Then a bit of shopping but no decent Innis and Gunn in Booths so spent £20 on other beer instead including a bottle of yellow lorry. I doubt that's the easiest thing to order after a few pints..
    Sounds like fun

I must get up to the Lakes again sometime. It's a few years since I've been up there.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Sounds like fun

I must get up to the Lakes again sometime. It's a few years since I've been up there.
        Its one of the big advantages of where we choose to live. Sunday a 1 hour drive to Whitby over the moors, yesterday a 90 minute drive to the Lakes. And the Yorkshire Dales are 30 minutes away...

It also gave me a lot of time to think. And plan b is getting scrapped to resurrect a far earlier plan b....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Morning all.

And what a bright shiny morn it is too.

Comment

Its one of the big advantages of where we choose to live. Sunday a 1 hour drive to Whitby over the moors, yesterday a 90 minute drive to the Lakes. And the Yorkshire Dales are 30 minutes away...

It also gave me a lot of time to think. And plan b is getting scrapped to resurrect a far earlier plan b....
                  Do you have much problem with the polar bears, being that far north?

Just asking, like.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sounds like fun

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
                    And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
                    And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
                    And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking,

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
                    Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
                    And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
                    And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
                    To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
                    And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
                    And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

Comment

10 minute walk to the lakes for me

Then I do live in what is called the lake district
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X