• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ommm
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      ommm
      well that was unexpected
      Join IPSE

Comment

Morning!

Lovely Foxlows, not quite as formal as the Hawksmoor, we had a table in the corner so could get away with a bit of banter without feeling we were annoying other customers. Very lively atmosphere, felt quite busy. Service was exceptional: GF#1 was chatting to our lovely chappie and asked about all the favourites and ordered them: Crispy Five Pepper Squid for starters and the Deckle which was really tasty. I had the Iberico Pork Ribs which fell off the bone and the Eight Hour Bacon Rib with Maple & Chilli which looked quite small but was rich and very thick. Bunk and I couldn't finish it all. Had the fries with chicken salt - think I prefer the Hawk's triple cooked chips.

The cocktails were brilliant - you'd like this one norrahe: Snowgroni - a slightly sweeter creamy negroni. I also had a Smokestack Mary - gin-based chipotle chilli bloody mary.

Too full for desserts but sampled some wonderful wispy custard and blackberries!

Would recommend and will be going again shortly. Bill was pretty reasonable too - two bottles of wine, 2-3 cocktails, starts and mains and sides - ~£65/head.

Last day at clientco - sad bunny
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Tried to use "the new Google Maps" to check out my route round London. What a pile of crap. Completely unusable. I struggled with it for half-an-hour.

I particularly liked the way dropping the Street View figure on the route to check out junctions would sometimes, quite randomly, just zoom the map all the way back out to show the whole route rather than entering Street View.

Then I switched back to the "old" maps view, and got everything I wanted to do sorted out in two minutes

Comment

Anyway, off to London for the afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Morning!

Lovely Foxlows, not quite as formal as the Hawksmoor, we had a table in the corner so could get away with a bit of banter without feeling we were annoying other customers. Very lively atmosphere, felt quite busy. Service was exceptional: GF#1 was chatting to our lovely chappie and asked about all the favourites and ordered them: Crispy Five Pepper Squid for starters and the Deckle which was really tasty. I had the Iberico Pork Ribs which fell off the bone and the Eight Hour Bacon Rib with Maple & Chilli which looked quite small but was rich and very thick. Bunk and I couldn't finish it all. Had the fries with chicken salt - think I prefer the Hawk's triple cooked chips.

The cocktails were brilliant - you'd like this one norrahe: Snowgroni - a slightly sweeter creamy negroni. I also had a Smokestack Mary - gin-based chipotle chilli bloody mary.

Too full for desserts but sampled some wonderful wispy custard and blackberries!

Would recommend and will be going again shortly. Bill was pretty reasonable too - two bottles of wine, 2-3 cocktails, starts and mains and sides - ~£65/head.

Last day at clientco - sad bunny
              I really wouldn't call the Hawksmoor formal at all. It's pretty laid back, I miss it.

Sounds fantastic and looking at the menu, I wanted everything.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
                ommm
                Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Tried to use "the new Google Maps" to check out my route round London. What a pile of crap. Completely unusable. I struggled with it for half-an-hour.

I particularly liked the way dropping the Street View figure on the route to check out junctions would sometimes, quite randomly, just zoom the map all the way back out to show the whole route rather than entering Street View.

Then I switched back to the "old" maps view, and got everything I wanted to do sorted out in two minutes
                  Oh. I'm glad someone else had trouble with it, especially that zoom out thing.

I thought it was just me.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Anyway, off to London for the afternoon

Enjoy.

Comment

All that talk about chips earlier got me in the mood for chips.

So I have just walked down to the local chippy and had chips n curry sauce - delicious.

Im now wondering if it was a wise choice given I'm setting off home around 4'ish

Comment

Tired. Can't cope with a social life.

Comment

Working...
                      X